• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lunchbox help!

Jones1910

Hi, new to this forum and wondered if anyone would help me identify a problem I'm having. I've just bought a lunchbox off eBay with usual hop ups ect. However I'm yet to get it going.

The problem I'm having is that I get the repeated bleeping from the motor when I turn it on and my controller will not respond at all to the car, new batteries all round, tried several crystals. What next?? The truck is in good shape doesn't look like it's ever seen water, took esc apart no signs of corrosion, thanks

Sounds like a radio problem. The esc beeps like that if it cannot detect an appropriate radio signal. For example, if you turn the car on before turning the transmitter on.

Have you put the receiver wires in the right places? I.E. esc in channel 2 and servo in channel 1? Also, are these cables the correct way round? It's very easy to plug them into the receiver with them turned round the wrong way.

What esc tamiya 102. Just make sure the esc is in channel 2 of the rx & steering in channel 1 an switch is in bec port an make sure black is to the outside . What tx & rx are you using acoms? Are you using fm crystals in am unit ? Edit hi & welcome

Edited by Trans4Mation

Thank you for the reply, I'm not sure on everything you said sorry, I have basic knowledge in that's it's not my first car but never had issues, the wiring is as you described and the reciever is a am 27mhz the crystals are rx2 which came with the car and I've tried a rx1 crystal. The person who I got it off assured me that it worked but we are talking of eBay here... I would provide you with pictures but I'm not sure how to sorry. thanks

Try battery direct the the two motor wires see if power to the can , just make sure you lift the rear off the ground save tires marks or it running off. You tried holding the reset button down on the esc for few seconds then with the controller turned on go full forwards on stick then let it centre & then full reverse then turn esc or controller off then try turning on again see if it resets it.

Tried direct to can that's fine but yet again nothing, when I hold the reset button down the led flashes slowly as soon as I let go it speeds up, I've tried the forwards on stick whilst flashing slow, fast and pressing it as soon as the esc is on to set it which is suggested in the manual on the Internet. I have no idea where to go from yeah I really appreciate the help btw

Swapped the wire round, still getting the bleeping which consists of 2 slow bleeps then continuous faster ones until it is turned off. Is there still an issue or am I not setting the controller and receiver up properly as there is still no response? thanks 2e5b3b149a21ca2254ec1b6bdd0cc5c8.jpg

On the controller just make sure neutral & reverse are across properly & that the twisty dial that is an end point are up some have this for steering only or for throttle to limit them ie less steering etc. It could be just not binding properly or esc fault they still beep if don't work or if loose reverse. It's trial & error being hard not having it all in front of me , & I've never used that type controller before with that rx so that could be an issue . Edit. Pull all the plugs out the rx & just check the legs or pins on the rx are not bent so one could not be sitting in the plug correctly & try leaving the steering servo unplugged see what you get then, is the controller a zebra brand ? I know some of them brands have a separate plug in where the battery's go with a bind type plug that you can swop from pin to pin strange set up they was you had to swop the plug over to different receivers else they wouldn't work was like going from fm to am swop ping them over.

Edited by Trans4Mation

It could be a esc fault I'm sure there's someone local who could help , I'd try the rx tx then if still no joy the esc . Ideal way as I say if you get a local guy to try there gear on yours it will save you buying 1st that way you could find the issue then try claim repair back off seller if it was sold all working an not as parts ?

No probs bud happy to try & help. it's all down the what your local shop are like there's not that many good ones about like they was 35 + yrs ago . Just ask them if they could help you set it up or have a spare to test to see what's at fault before they sell you more than you need . Good luck getting it sorted remember you can buy 2.4 ghz radios for 25 or less on eBay new & esc are about 15 to 20 so see if local could match it lol worth a shot if you end up buying new .

Looking at the pictures I'm wondering if you need the power cable plugged in. Surely the esc provides power to the radio without it. Can you try unplugging the power cable from the rx and then re calibrating the esc.

Hi, just tried it with no power cable still no change, I had no instructions with the truck and never had electric cars with a esc before would you be able to run me over setting it or point me in the right direction? I've had a Google but not 100% thanks

I don't mind buying a 2.4ghz set but I wanted to make sure

Here's the link to the esc manual.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/45041ml.pdf

You will need it to show you how to setup the esc.

That being said if your getting no joy from the steering servo from the controller then your rx is probably knackered and should be replaced.