• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A decent alternative to Virgin or Sky?

MAZ

I've been with Virgin for years now and to be honest I want to try something different.

I've never wanted Sky although I did go through the process of getting it installed last year - only to be offered a better deal by Virgin at the last minute

What else is there??

I'm tempted to keep the broadband because its not too bad (although the Virgin homehub is crap)

The homephone - is there a better provider than Virgin for a homephone?

TV channels -the kids like watching cartoons (spongebob/regular show/Adventure time)

Me and my partner tend to watch stuff as and when so not really bothered

Whats NowTV? Is freesat any good?

Or should I just stick with virgin? Not particularly happy about paying 70 quid a month though :/

Your thoughts my good people are much appreciated as always :) :)

I've got Netflix which is okay I wouldn't mind getting the usa Netflix but read that the dns codes you use can be set up to steal data or whatnot from you. You can use a company that screens the dns' s but again thats more

Bt vision is good, as long as you are in an area that has better than 3meg download. They do two fibre speed packages depending how close you are to the street cabinet too. Plus you get BT sport for footy and motor racing,

Check here.

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

This will tell you if your cabinet is fibre enabled, and of not when it should be done.

Edited by tonysmini

I've got Netflix which is okay I wouldn't mind getting the usa Netflix but read that the dns codes you use can be set up to steal data or whatnot from you. You can use a company that screens the dns' s but again thats more

Edited by Gazlam