• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Terrible Customer Service

Shady Vapour

Hey folks, I recently purchased a Thunder Tiger MT4 for a decent price after discount and wanted to make everyone aware of how I was treated.

Within the first 5 minutes of running the car I noticed one of the wheel hubs got stripped. This was after tightening the nut to the max and blue loctite. The other wheels were perfectly fine.

So I got in touch with the said vendor and raise the issue. Initially I was fobbed off to their distributor. Their distributor then fobbed me off to the vendor. I then wrote to the vendor and sent them a photo of the stripped wheel. Later that day I received an email saying they spoke to the distributor and will replace the wheel and I don't have to send the part back. Off the back of that I left my car at a mates garage who's going on holiday for just over a week thinking that I will get the wheel by the time he's back.

Fast forward a couple of days and I get an email saying I have to send the faulty wheel back. Why the change of mind? After many many emails and explaining the predicament I was in they still insisted on me sending the wheel back! I feel like they have messed me around by telling me one thing and then changing their mind without explanation [emoji35]

Their service is terrible and I advise everyone to avoid at all costs. Better off going to Modelsport for all your RC needs.

Edited by Shady Vapour
Language used

Hey folks, I recently purchased a Thunder Tiger MT4 for a decent price after discount and wanted to make everyone aware of how I was treated.

Within the first 5 minutes of running the car I noticed one of the wheel hubs got stripped. This was after tightening the nut to the max and blue loctite. The other wheels were perfectly fine.

So I got in touch with the said vendor and raise the issue. Initially I was fobbed off to their distributor. Their distributor then fobbed me off to the vendor. I then wrote to the vendor and sent them a photo of the stripped wheel. Later that day I received an email saying they spoke to the distributor and will replace the wheel and I don't have to send the part back. Off the back of that I left my car at a mates garage who's going on holiday for just over a week thinking that I will get the wheel by the time he's back.

Fast forward a couple of days and I get an email saying I have to send the faulty wheel back. Why the change of mind? After many many emails and explaining the predicament I was in they still insisted on me sending the wheel back! I feel like they have messed me around by telling me one thing and then changing their mind without explanation [emoji35]

Their service is terrible and I advise everyone to avoid at all costs. Better off going to Modelsport for all your RC needs.

To be fair, a piece of plastic can have a flaw from moulding.

Usually you have to send a faulty brand new part back too so they can test for this.

It's not really their fault you left the RC somewhere you couldn't access it for a week.

Never had a problem with Wireless Madness myself.

To be fair, a piece of plastic can have a flaw from moulding.

Usually you have to send a faulty brand new part back too so they can test for this.

It's not really their fault you left the RC somewhere you couldn't access it for a week.

Never had a problem with Wireless Madness myself.

I havn't got a problem with sending the faulty part back but the initial response was that they don't need it returned. From the back of that response I put my car in storage, and then after two days they have changed their mind. That's the part I'm annoyed with....and the constant fobbing off.

I have also heard other complaints about them but did not take any heed.

The wheel was seated correctly and tightened . In addition there have been reports that the hex hub is off by a mm or two on some wheels (manufacturing fault?)

I have been talking to them the whole week to resolve this and have not had a problem with them until something went wrong.

Edited by Shady Vapour

But if they've contacted the manufacturer presuming they'll send a replacement, and the manufacturers then requested the old broken part be returned, they have no choice.

I know but why the change of mind all of a sudden? You make a decision and you stick to it. That's not good customer service in my books especially if the customers taken action from the initial decision. Anyway, I just have to wait to get hold of the wheel and send it back to them. I've learnt my lesson and will go to more reputable and trusted vendors such as modelsport in the future.

Rant over.

Edited by Shady Vapour

I use wireless madness all the time, both online and in store as its one of my local model shops.

I've never had a problem, in fact they have helped me out quite a lot matching in stock parts to fit my vintage stuff and ordering from the USA for me if we cant find anything. In fact if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't even be in the hobby!

I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill myself. It's standard practise to send faulty parts back, and if they have had a request from the distributor for the broken part, what do you expect them to do?

I use wireless madness all the time, both online and in store as its one of my local model shops.

I've never had a problem, in fact they have helped me out quite a lot matching in stock parts to fit my vintage stuff and ordering from the USA for me if we cant find anything. In fact if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't even be in the hobby!

I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill myself. It's standard practise to send faulty parts back, and if they have had a request from the distributor for the broken part, what do you expect them to do?

Who told you the distributor requested that faulty part back? Lol

The Wheel hub would normally be stripped if it was not fitted correctly.

It likely moved when you took of the Nut and used Loctite.

I don't think you should make a big deal about it!

With all due respect, I have been into Rc's for years so I know how to fit a wheel correctly. This was a faulty part. Cheers.

Who told you the distributor requested that faulty part back? Lol

Just seams logical, not saying they did (i did say "if"), but it would make sense as to why they would ask for it back after telling you to keep it.

Did you not ask why they need it back after saying you didn't need to?

Just seams logical, not saying they did (i did say "if"), but it would make sense as to why they would ask for it back after telling you to keep it.

Did you not ask why they need it back after saying you didn't need to?

Yes mate. A number of times with no explanation. If they asked me to send the part back in the first place then I would have been happy to and I would not have been messed around. That's my point. Anyway, it's water under the bridge now so now I gotta get hold of that wheel......[emoji54]

Sounds like they're trying to rectify the problem to me.  How is that "terrible" customer service ?  If this is the worst thing that's ever happened to you then you're doing alright if you ask me.  God forbid anyone ever properly rips you off, it'll be on the 6 o'clock news...

• Like 1

Sounds like they're trying to rectify the problem to me. How is that "terrible" customer service ? If this is the worst thing that's ever happened to you then you're doing alright if you ask me. God forbid anyone ever properly rips you off, it'll be on the 6 o'clock news...

:rofl:

My post doesn't describe the entire experience in detail so with all due respect you would not understand. Funny comment though!

• Like 1

i have three s50s and have sold many many more, the wheel hex nut has to be ultra tight and plenty of thread lock left for a few hrs, they have a lot of torque and they will strip, have also tried hpi savage wheels and they will strip if if you dont use loctite

i have stripped a few hexes and every single time i would put it down to user error imo you are lucky to get a new wheel u/g

Edited by sean-vrs