• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

yama buggy 30cc (no drive)

smurfer1

brand new yama 30cc ( HI GUYS) as far as im aware ive done everything needed to breakin the yama as should be after 20 or so minutes driving noticed a tinny sound and rattle then slowed right down then stopped it tried to move under gentle throttle wheels would turn when u lift backend off ground, took home on closer inspection noticed nothing missing or visually different but pushing forward bout a foot or so wheels go round 3/4 turn then other 1/4 would rub n grind, throttle works steering servos works but no drive , I think terminal and needs returning or am I completely wrong advice please much appreciated

Now some (Noj) will be expecting a certain reply from me on this but I want do it. I have to resist!

If the wheels move off the ground but not on it could be the clutch has given way, or the diff or most likely the spur has shred some teeth. The only real way of knowing is taking it apart one section at the time. Go with the spur, then clutch and then gearbox.

Let me know how you progress and I will advise as best I can based on the outcome of what you find.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Start the engine and rev it up with the wheels on the ground. If none of the gears turn its the clutch bell. If there gears turn but the driveshafts don't, it's the diff gears. If the driveshafts spin it's the wheel drives.

Wheel square drives are simple, remove the wheel and there's the drive square. Unscrew the grub screws, line them up with the flats on the axles, put a little thread lock in the hole and refit the two grub screws.