• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Oldham quarry bash 24th august

kangarilla

I know exactly what you mean, i nearly flew into myself doing that misjudged it a tad and felt the wind on my face, stood a little further back from then, used to blast up towards the grassy bit on the right and come down the sharp little drop and then blast back towards the ramp and down, not as harsh on the cars jumping down.

Did you try the hill climb opposite, got the baja stuck about 2/3rds up, its a lot higher than it looks i was blowing out of my .... getting up there.

Haha yeah I sent mine up with new tyres on, went up no problem...took me a couple of goes to get myself to where it stopped to retrieve it though....doesn't seem that steep stood at the stream sending it up

Any other locals know of anywere else to play? I look after my little'un every day so it's not the best place for access (she's big enough not to want to sit in a pram but too small to let wander on her own) and that's a mission with pram and rc lol milnrow parks ok for a blast every now and then if she's asleep inth' car but a bit boring

There's a new skate park about to open round the corner from me ( well over the hill in front of my house )

One of best outdoor skate parks I have seen as well ;)

Care to share more info hebby? Lol I'm guessing your quite local? Did I read somewhere on here, I'm sure it was you hebby ages ago, about somewere over near saddleworth golf course?

Care to share more info hebby? Lol I'm guessing your quite local? Did I read somewhere on here, I'm sure it was you hebby ages ago, about somewere over near saddleworth golf course?

Yeah there's another quarry up near saddlworth golf course but it's a 5 - 10 min walk up a steep hill and most of it up there is rubble.

As for the skate park its on coleshaw green park its almost finished some sort of state of the art outdoor skate park :) has also had approval from a pro BMX freestyler ( my younger bro )

As for birkkys quarry in grotton.. Last time I was up there was like 20 odd years ago on a KX125 :) not been up since lol

• Like 1

Sounds promising, I think I'll be dropping the Mrs off at work soon so I might have a wander over and see.

I went over saddleworth last weekend and found the quarry, but only got as far as the orange gate in the car as I had baba with me and wasn't carrying her if it was a fair hike away from the gate...

Sounds promising, I think I'll be dropping the Mrs off at work soon so I might have a wander over and see.

I went over saddleworth last weekend and found the quarry, but only got as far as the orange gate in the car as I had baba with me and wasn't carrying her if it was a fair hike away from the gate...

Yeah the walk to the quarry its self is the same walk as one in shaw. but TBH the one in shaw is much better ;)

I won't bother with the saddleworth one again then as Newhey/Shaw quarry is right on my doorstep anyway, just hard work with baba.

I had a look over at coleshaw earlier, was full of kids as expected (took the rc just in case) but I noticed most of the ramps had like a 'grind' bar/rail along the top edges to help give a bit of 'kick' for the bikes and skateboards, I don't think this would work well with the rc's as it would just flick straight up in the air and loose forward motion? Maybe I'm wrong but they seem more like mini half pipes back to back. So I was itching to go somewhere...ended up in milnrow skatepark, did a few nice efforts then went round the bowl and couldn't see which direction it was pointing so I gave it a little trigger to see if it would poke it's nose up.....it left the ramp, cleared the fence, over the 5ft patch of grass and bounced off the top of the wall landing upside down in the middle of the road :-D luckily it didn't get run over and only broke a rear hub carrier of which I have spare from last incident....lesson being....don't be lazy haha

It's a pretty big place I don't think a camera will do it justice but if I get time tomorrow, and my battery finally decides to balance then I may go up for half hour and take a few of the scenery

Any pics from this place? Wouldn't mind having a gander!

Have a look on my YouTube channel Hebbyovoldham and there's a few vids on there :) even some from above when I filmed with the phantom and Gopro ;)

Aye the wr8 flux video gives an insight into the size of the place. That's just made my mind up watching that, I'm going to make time to nip up tomorrow even if it's just 20mins to drain this dodgy battery I've got lol

I pulled up at the bottom gate with the Mrs and little'un, looked up the road all covered in snow/ice still and (fair enough) said no way hahaha so ended up on milnrow park again just to use up my batterys. Flew up the big hill and back down behind the bowling green and that seemed to take all the 'punch' out of it, slow after that first fast run so went on the skatepark after that as you don't need speed on there lol I think that's me staying in now until I've ordered a new Lipo :'(

Buy something proper!

Like what?

Am not a racer and want something that's fast for off road that 1/8

I always liked the Apche but didn't want to spend that much and that's why got the exo but there crap.

Edited by hebby

Had a vorza so want something different and almost got the Yeti but just doesn't do it for me :(

What you selling Jony?

Edited by hebby