• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best 5th scale rc for

RCTROJAN

Never park on the straight, ever! ;) That said, I learnt within a few months of getting into the hobby that you don't watch the car you're driving, you watch the area in front of it! The immediate area AND the distant area too! It only takes seconds for another car, young child, dog etc to run directly in to your path.

I do agree that the 5ive is a tough nut to Crack. I've never owned one, but have seen them survive all sorts of impact.

Never park on the straight, ever! ;) That said, I learnt within a few months of getting into the hobby that you don't watch the car you're driving, you watch the area in front of it! The immediate area AND the distant area too! It only takes seconds for another car, young child, dog etc to run directly in to your path.

I do agree that the 5ive is a tough nut to Crack. I've never owned one, but have seen them survive all sorts of impact.

Got to say the width of the track it was impressive for him to hit the Losi coming round that bend but I do agree I have learnt my lesson....at the expensive of that blokes car :P

But it was more to illustrate how seriously tough the 5ives are compared to other RC's :D

Right ok let's end this MCD bashing sillyness now shall we?

Here is a video of my 5ive as it used to look with its red cage.

I get distracted talking to someone next to me and park the car in the middle of the muddy track, what follows is a MCD hits the back of the Losi at speed destroying the MDC's lower front arms. I actually just drive off because I didn't see the hit at all. The only thing that brought it to my attention is after the event someone shows me this video.

Not a scratch on the 5ive at all, but a costly repair for the MCD

Get it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nlaut5TxKs copy that into your browser and see that losi aren't indestructible like you say .

GET IT?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nlaut5TxKs copy that into your browser and see that losi aren't indestructible like you say .

GET IT?????

Not the same bud, he hits a high curb at speed. The curb won't move The MCD hit my car, my car rolled and still destroyed the MCD  :). Also I am not implying that they are indestructible, in fact I have said nothing of that kind. I am mearly saying that they are on a different level to MCD in regards to bashing.

This in no way is me saying that MCD are bad either, I would love one for racing, but the fact of the matter is. You cannot said buy a MCD over a 5ive if someone wants to mainly bash.

Edited by Feedtheinferno

Not the same bud, he hits a high curb at speed. The curb won't move.

The MCD hit my car, my car rolled and still destroyed the MCD :)

Keep your losi then, the op was asking for options on what to buy, I'd rather have my mcd any day

If you want 4wd then yeah the losi 5 is a tough one to trump.

Fit a killswitch, and a good pipe for better performance from the stock 26cc.

You also will not go wrong with a baja for bashing and you may enjoy a bit of tail out 2wd action.

In an ideal world it's nice to have both :)

• Like 1

Just bought and built a baja 5b ss - with this kit u get a lot of hop ups included in the price. As you say if u deffo want 4wd then the baja wont be for you bur ive only been running her for the last 2 days and absolutely love it! Just food for thought....

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/album/3618-baja-5b-ss/

• Like 1

Just bought and built a baja 5b ss - with this kit u get a lot of hop ups included in the price. As you say if u deffo want 4wd then the baja wont be for you bur ive only been running her for the last 2 days and absolutely love it! Just food for thought....

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/album/3618-baja-5b-ss/

I know this isn't on topic, but if you want some extra power from the standard 26cc engine you have, get yourself a better pipe. The pipe that comes with the SS is only very slightly better than a stock can. Where as a clone dom from RC modelz will make your baja immensity faster and ergo more enjoyable ;) 

• Like 2

its like a bitch fight........... my cars stronger than your car, why are you taking this so personal, just trying to offer opinions on what the guy asked for, to help educate him.

There seems to be a fairly large following for one kind against the other, but at the end of the day if you posted out a survey on which the forum, asking to vote for which was a good strong vehicle for bashing, i think the 5ive may edge it from reading the forums.

If i was computer literate i'd post one myself but i'm typing with my nose 

• Like 1

Got to say the width of the track it was impressive for him to hit the Losi coming round that bend but I do agree I have learnt my lesson....at the expensive of that blokes car :P

But it was more to illustrate how seriously tough the 5ives are compared to other RC's :D

I've had it Happen twice, the first time was at the end of a race and this guy just stops his car after passing the finish line. Nice one!

Second time was me putting my car on the grid to start a race as it had just been called, only for another racer to decide that was time for some practice laps! His car broke, mine didn't. Tough luck, practice is only allowed in "practice sessions", that's why they're called "sessions".

Rant over! ;)

I know this isn't on topic, but if you want some extra power from the standard 26cc engine you have, get yourself a better pipe. The pipe that comes with the SS is only very slightly better than a stock can. Where as a clone dom from RC modelz will make your baja immensity faster and ergo more enjoyable ;)

Been lookin at em :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

The fg truggy hasn't had much press only hemistorm spamming the same video link on literally every forum around the world.

Has anyone else brought one of the new fg line. I've only just found out about the fg sc 4x4 and fg x6 dakar they look alright but there's no good info. I would like to see what will fit the monster from them from shocks to updated small parts. But it looks like fg is dying fast.

This was only 2012 tho but nothing on them.

http://www.area52.cc/news/1866-toy-fair-2012--fg-modellsport.html

Edited by RCbutcher