• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BJK's KM002C

Bigjimknickers

Pipe is fitted, wow! Huge difference in noise levels compared the the Thor pipe, let's hope there's a nice power increase too!

Just waiting for my rear tyres now before I can test the pipe.

Oh I imagine I'll need to make a bracket for the exhaust too, it's stock fixing is on the plastic cage, I don't think that'll last too long!

• Like 1

Took the baja out to tune it to suit the new pipe, failed.

I couldn't tell it it was too lean or to rich, I tried both ways from stock settings, but still it popped big time on wot. Didn't sound like a clean rev at the very peak.

I'm not impressed tbh, I think I prefer the Thor pipe, i defiantly prefer the power delivery of the Thor. Gutless low down power now...

THAT pin should never come out. In your status, I thought you meant the gudgeon pin....not that one!

It's also not supposed to be going ANYWHERE near the inlet port. That's why the inlet side has the pin. It ensures the ring gap never ends up over the exhaust port where it can snag on the port openings and snap the ring. That's why the piston has an arrow....Keeps the ring gap on the inlet side away from any port edges.

The damage to your motor shows the piston ring has gone below the top edge of the inlet port, which it shouldn't really. The inlet goes into the crankcase below the piston, drawing mixture in as the piston rises and negative pressure is generated.

I would blame that on the 30.5 motor using a stroker crank on a cylinder not designed for it. Add in some bad manufacturing tolerances, and that's the result.

Time to e-mail those pics off to the shop with a request for a warranty repair! That's not siezed through neglect or bad tuning....that's poorly made. The damage to the top edge of the inlet port and the shiny burred end of the pin shows what happened.

• Like 1