• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAN, this should be fun. (OHO'S Cross RC 8x8x4)

Anyone want to paint my axle stands for me lol, can't be bothered :(

IMG_4061_zpshe88di7v.jpg

FYI; they are meant to be height adjustable but I simply glued them together instead as I can't imagine I'll ever want to adjust the height, I'm 99% sure these will be high enough at the lowest point to keep the chassis off the ground.

Edited by Oh How Original

Just prime and topcoat them and shurrup moaning!! You chose a multiwheeled truck, don't start on now with this 'it's all too many axles, givusahand' malarkey, young man, it'll not wash!! ;)

Just prime and topcoat them and shurrup moaning!! You chose a multiwheeled truck, don't start on now with this 'it's all too many axles, givusahand' malarkey, young man, it'll not wash!! ;)

To be fair I'm currently gandering at 12x12's, so 8x8 isn't an issue lol :P

one motor for 8 wheels?

Yep, it's a hell of a torquey motor though, definitely a 'go where you point it'... I considered a twin motor setup or even the 775 Titan from a Summit, but meh, will see how this goes, if it doesn't work out, I'll look at other options :)

More seriously this would make an interesting scratch built project. Vietnam era Gama Goat.

John

81SXy2wS-5L._SL1500_.jpg

Now that would be awesome.

I don't want to reveal what's floating in the back of my head (shh Noj) until/if it happens.

It's doubtful it will, but it's certainly a hel of a cool project lol.

I reckon you want to heat the vat up  :yes:

Looking good bud & nice to see your back in the slow trail lane you gave up on the fast lane with two new scalers lol. Look forwards to update on the build when body starts going together .

• Like 1

Looking good bud & nice to see your back in the slow trail lane you gave up on the fast lane with two new scalers lol. Look forwards to update on the build when body starts going together .

Looking forward to it myself, just got to figure out a way not of raising the servo horn as the nut/bolt is catching the servo itself turning one way lol.

Looking forward to it myself, just got to figure out a way not of raising the servo horn as the nut/bolt is catching the servo itself turning one way lol.

Use a button head bolt and some shims under the horn so it sits higher off the splines or try a angled horn  :thumbsup:

Use a button head bolt and some shims under the horn so it sits higher off the splines or try a angled horn  :thumbsup:

Their was too much for that bud, what I've done is flipped the servo round, flipped the links round and it seems to work, theirs only about 1mm spare so I'll have to keep my ears open for any grindy noises, if needs be I'll look for some low profile lock nuts.

But for now, it actually appears to have worked :)

Looking tidy.

That steering setup will work, but the rear most steering needs to have a shorter arm, you could try moving the linkage in a hole. As you have it it'll load up the servo when you steer at speed. You'll see the effect when you get it running.

Theres a good image here: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=185309&postcount=145

I had it the other way round and that's where the servo ran into some issues, it was having none of it.

For now I'm just going to leave it as is and see what it's like when I actually get to drive it.

If it's a no go and stressing the servo or absolutely crap at turning, I'll think about switching some stuff around.

Their isn't actually a huge amount of difference between the linkages going from servo horn to front and servo horn to rear, because of how I had to screw them right in to make it work.

The wheels appear to turn pretty much identically.