• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAN, this should be fun. (OHO'S Cross RC 8x8x4)

Cracking build, fine looking MAN military truck, needs a warzone for authenticity... ;)

Thanks Noj, just playing with some ideas for details now :D

And I wish, I have been thinking of getting a tank for a trailer, the problem is finding one the right size so it's to scale :(

Need something like a 1:18-1:19 based on current 1:16 dimensions.

so is a tank on the cards next? :P

Maybe, need to wait a little bit first I think to recoup a few pennies from this and the D90 build.

D90 is currently shelved again, hopefully my bumpers and sliders will be here for it by the end of the week, but not holding my breath lol.

Thank you John :)

Sporting your lovely decals lol.

You'll have to let me know how much for them, they fit well, shame about the black backing though, just a touch shinier than the mud flap lol.

Looks good though IMO :) thanks again.

Just got some of the matt vinyl decal sheet in so I'll try it and see what it comes out like. Hopefully a duller finish. I'll print some more MAN decals off and post them to you and see if you think they're an improvement. Payment can wait.

1:20 scale tanks are readily available and a few 1:18 but from what I hear the 1:18 aren't very good.

John

Edited by johninderby

Just got some of the matt vinyl decal sheet in so I'll try it and see what it comes out like. Hopefully a duller finish. I'll print some more MAN decals off and post them to you and see if you think they're an improvement. Payment can wait.

1:20 scale tanks are readily available and a few 1:18 but from what I hear the 1:18 aren't very good.

John

If you're sure, I'm more than happy to send you some money bud :)

And it's not too important if they operate good, it'll only ever be driving on and off the bed.

You haven't got a link to either/or of the 1:18/1:20's have you?

Or know where they're available?

Looks great, especially the low angle shots. How is the drive-train holding up, and general opinion on the kit.  Torn between an Ascender and a Cross RC 4x4 Pickup or maybe a Taigen Bulldog) as a "whoops I have no job and need something to do" purchase...

Looks great, especially the low angle shots. How is the drive-train holding up, and general opinion on the kit.  Torn between an Ascender and a Cross RC 4x4 Pickup or maybe a Taigen Bulldog) as a "whoops I have no job and need something to do" purchase...

My overall opinion thus far...

I don't like the fact the link hangers are held on with just a thread the thickness of the material of the chassis, if that makes sense.

Really, they should have nuts welded on the back or at least have plenty of room for nuts.

I also don't think the tyres are up to much, grip wise (for a harder compound tyre) they're actually good, but they don't like to absorb much.

I've removed the foams entirely and drilled all the wheels and it's improved the grip by a long way, but the tyres still don't seem happy, as it goes I'm not overly bothered at this point anyway.

Those are the only bad points I've found on it so far.

People did mention the drivetrain and driveshafts especially where very weak, but I've put about 30 minutes run time on this so far, most of which has been going up and down the drive (which is raised off the grass and ground) and they've beene fine.

No signs of twisting yet and no cracks.

Generally speaking, I'm happy with my purchase.

If I'd paid more, I may have been a bit disappointed, but at sub

• Like 1

i see you were in the posh part of town.  as your crawling area had sleeping arrangements.

It's derelict land now, so people use it as a dumping ground and all the kids mess about in there as well.

They where meant to be developing houses so everyone left it alone but that was meant to happen at the back of the 2013, when it hasn't people have started dumping and whatnot.

Shame really, ruins a nice picture lol.

Lovely build oho good to see the plates turned up they finish it off

Is it you on eBay who does them?

Just with the way you said that, sounded like it is :P

And thanks, I think they look good as well, just put the rear on tonight, was going to make a little thing that hangs down for it to go on, then realised it's just something else to lower the ground clearance at the rear (the lights catching on things is bad enough :lol: ) so I've just put it on the back of the bed for now.

those photos are awesome, i really wish i could afford one!

Sell me that lovely D90 bodyshell and that will aid your kitty :tease::xd:

No not me I told you about them when you asked in decal post lol. Can you not have the rear lights etc on a rubber mounted type set up so they flex on inclines rather than dragging its a$$ ?

No not me I told you about them when you asked in decal post lol. Can you not have the rear lights etc on a rubber mounted type set up so they flex on inclines rather than dragging its a$$ ?

Sorry, you did lol, my bad.

And they already are, well a very flexible plastic, still a little bit irritating though.

I do have a reasonable plan for sorting the fronts ground clearance out as well... Even just adding a few mm can make a world of difference.

Thinking twin motor for this beasty soon, even though I've ordered the HH combo, can always dump that in the SCX10 :lol:

Got up things a Summit couldn't???

I put it to you that your friend wasn't trying hard enough, and was clearly using crawler mode instead of balls out mode ;)

Glad that mattress I dumped is still providing comfort and rest to the masses, must make another trip with our other knackered bed - storage drawers on this one, perfect for crack, H, foil, glue etc...

• Like 3

Got up things a Summit couldn't???

I put it to you that your friend wasn't trying hard enough, and was clearly using crawler mode instead of balls out mode ;)

Glad that mattress I dumped is still providing comfort and rest to the masses, must make another trip with our other knackered bed - storage drawers on this one, perfect for crack, H, foil, glue etc...

Well two Summits failed, in both modes, up exactly the same part, with two different drivers... Granted they aren't the most skilled, but neither am I lol.

Summits seem to just roll over backwards more, which is the main problem they where having.

The SCX10 went straight up, no dramas or messing around :D

Yes you need a set of these.

John

Flashpoint_zps7c5ded83.jpg

I'm running a set of those on my scx10. Very soft and sticky and are fantastic on loose stuff and mud. Not too bad on the rocks either as there's plenty of flex in the tyre.