• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TMaxxDave's Tamiya TB-01

TMaxxDave

So my ESC finally decided to turn up from China

8e240fb39d9a3029e902f87ac5b45e4d.jpg

For £11.99 inc postage it was worth the 4 week wait. I cant run the car yet. Ive loaned my hub carriers to another member so he may race this weekend.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

So today i got round to soldering a battery connector onto my 1060 and stuck it in the car. After some messing around with the controller settings its finally running well with the torque motor. Now just waiting on front hub carriers.

Centralised the steering servo after it wasnt right. Also adjusted the turnbuckles and refitted the hub carriers and got the car back in almost one piece. And wonders how many people wander into this part of the forum to read this?

• Like 1

I suspect like me those of us who also own, run and enjoy the TB-01!

I have a pair (both brushless) 1 with the long arm suspension kit installed. They are by far my most used Rally car runner (although that may switch back to my XV-01 once it's new shell is complete). Also bought and setup one for a friend and it visits occasionally for maintenance, last visit was new ESC and Rx.

Edited by Pteppic

I chewed one spur gear when I first went Brushless (10.5T), but after replacement and alloy motor mount all has been good. Only other bit needed was a rear suspension arm that got ripped off by a raised manhole cover!

Car has survived 4 barrel rolls and at least 3 cartwheels with only scratches to the shell - in my opinion the best feature of the TB-01 is it being close to indestructable!

The only issue mine has had with brushless was that it stripped out the internal part of the rear input gear with the alloy prop. But now I've changed back to steel gears with an GPM alloy prop, so hopefully it will be able to handle brushless a lot better, but for now I'll be sticking with brushed

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

TB01 Rally is back!

And ready to run.

3362e30700e508347df5afa6336471bc.jpg

Running as before well almost...

New additions include:-

TT02B suspension link as a steering link.
Brand new Tamiya TZ motor
18t RW Titanium coated pinion gear

And of the course the body. A Tamiya QD Evo 6 Body

• 9 months later...

Well, having recently purchased a Levant which shares the same chassis as this, I decided to take all the nice shiny bits out of this and donate them into the Levant, so it’s now missing the GPM prop, and front and rear diff crown wheels and pinion gears. The Levant pinion gears are smaller than the TB01 ones, so I’m expecting the TB01 to be damn quick off the mark when I actually get round to running it again.

I bought this on Thursday. I haven't got it yet, but it comes with the driver/cockpit set, unpainted, and also the chassis cover unpainted. Apparently it's only been used 5 times on road and then spent the rest of it's life on a shelf. I'm looking forward to receiving it. I will probably keep it stock as it is quite rare now, but I will run it now and again .

I'm also in the middle of restoring an XV-01 chassis and I'm going to use a Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 body from my TT-01E on it :)

Tamiya Subaru Impreza Arai TB-01 58270 a.jpg

Tamiya Subaru Impreza Arai TB-01 58270 g.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...