• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's Axial SCX10 D90.

wont bash mine to protective of it lol getting some shelves for it too got a cc01 pajero coming for bashing off road fun :nasty::thumbsup:

So am i. Just wished someone would make a decent Discovery 2 shell. The only thing stopping me from my own build is i dont really

want to do the defender/90 thing

So am i. Just wished someone would make a decent Discovery 2 shell. The only thing stopping me from my own build is i dont really

110 defender then :whistling:  :xd:  :thumbsup:

Same here, stupid as it sounds, but I just prefer the D90 over the lexan jobbies.

Closest thing to what I wanted is the LR3, but the SCX10 is really the wrong wheelbase by quite a long way.

have a look at this :thumbsup:

http://scalerc.co.uk/forum/8-scale-4x4-rig-projects/60705-300-tdi-discovery.html

Well if you do, let me know.

I'd be definitely interested in the shell anyway.

Probably get more by splitting the chassis and shell up as well in any case :)

I think after doing the 8x8x4 for weeks, it's kind of worn my creativity out a bit (if theirs such a thing) after staring at that on the bench for so long lol.

So the Landy has gone downhill really in terms of the quality of the job I've done etc... Rather annoying considering what it cost but meh.

Edited by Oh How Original

That's a shame you guys are thinking about selling. My SCX10 is one model which I definitely won't be selling, much more fun than I anticipated it to be.

I'd really like to get a Hummer H2 body shell for mine, Proline make one but I think the wheelbase is too short on the body shell.

That's a shame you guys are thinking about selling. My SCX10 is one model which I definitely won't be selling, much more fun than I anticipated it to be.

I'd really like to get a Hummer H2 body shell for mine, Proline make one but I think the wheelbase is too short on the body shell.

not selling mine

• Like 1

Well if you do, let me know.

I'd be definitely interested in the shell anyway.

Probably get more by splitting the chassis and shell up as well in any case :)

I think after doing the 8x8x4 for weeks, it's kind of worn my creativity out a bit (if theirs such a thing) after staring at that on the bench for so long lol.

So the Landy has gone downhill really in terms of the quality of the job I've done etc... Rather annoying considering what it cost but meh.

How has it gone downhill?  it's only just started! - When it comes to scalers pretty much anything can be saved (unless it's blown up electrics) :lol:

Whatever issues you are having i can ensure you they can be solved.They just take time..  ;)

I'm not having any thoughts whatsoever of selling mine bud.

I was asking about buying Lels shell :)

And just different bits and pieces Manny.

I had the SCX10 out today though, albeit without a shell.

Really really enjoyed using it, so any thoughts of selling it are now even further out of my mind :P (not that I thought about it in the first place ;) )

Unfortunately I didn't get as many pictures of this as I'd hoped as I was rather focused on playing with the 8x8x4.

I was surprised how well it performed though, I didn't think it'd articulate up rocks and things as good as it did.

So I at least took one, shame theirs no shell like but oh well :)

2014-08-27142111_zpsd11ddb07.jpg

Are you running the stock shocks? If so, is it the stock springs & what oil?

Fully stock, oil is whatever is in that galon drum you get in the Dingo kit :lol: bit much, but good really as I've had to rebuild them quite a few times.

The rears still aren't too happy but they'll do for now.

Also, just stuck the high lift kit on.

Happier with the shell sat a bit higher, although once the rock sliders are on, it'll bring it down a few mm, as I'll obviously have to cut the chassis ends off.

IMG_4130_zps63b90e9c.jpg

IMG_4129_zps26344b0e.jpg

I didn't use the stock shocks and fitted Proline scalers, they keep leaking though so tempted to build the stockers and try.

The Defender is looking good :thumbsup:

Which high lift kit did you go for?

The stock ones are well known to be about the worst shocks to buy lol.

Get something decent bud, the ProLine ones probably just need some Tamiya o rings and grease :)

High lift kit was just one off eBay, theirs plenty around, from Level 3 RC.

Cheap enough.

sorry to hear about being ripped off pal. the landy was starting to look good too. maybe put it hold and take your time. would be  shame to waste the time and effort you put into it now.

as per previous posts too. i run the stock shocks too. they perform ok for what i want, no leaks too lol. think im upto 4 scx now and no sign of any being sold. lol

• Like 1

sorry to hear about being ripped off pal. the landy was starting to look good too. maybe put it hold and take your time. would be  shame to waste the time and effort you put into it now.

as per previous posts too. i run the stock shocks too. they perform ok for what i want, no leaks too lol. think im upto 4 scx now and no sign of any being sold. lol

It's one of those things, he's said he's sending me

Wahey, good news, my bumpers and rock sliders did indeed arrived today.

Wasn't truthfully expecting them until Monday, RM did well for me this time :D

Bumpers aren't on yet as I want to give it a little run to check what the arch clearance is like, I think I'm going to have to shave a bit off them :(

IMG_4132_zps86e16ee1.jpg