• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TXT1 wheel wideners

BryTXT1

It's the classic phrase of being 'worth what somebody's prepared to pay for it' I suppose.

There are quite a few on Ebay, and Juggernauts as well - not cheap now.

I remember shops trying to sell off Jugg stock for ~

Changed the rod ends on mine from the ones I THOUGHT were OK, bought from China on fleabay but my choice, for HD RC4WD M4 rod ends - had to do a fair bit of hacksawing or change the geometry a lot - hacksawing won!!

Strange how the heavy duty M4 RC4WD rod ends are quite a bit longer than the M3's - wish they weren't as the M3 length is perfect!

Tried dropping the Bigfoot from about 2 feet 10 times or more to see if the rod ends would hold - better now than when running I thought ... all perfect.

At least 3 or 4 of the other ones would have 'popped' with that.

Think I'm sorted now.

Now I need to find some connectors - link the servos together - in the garage ..... not sorted yet so it'll have to wait.

Nearly sorted.

Al.

Don't know for TXT-1.

Mine's a '2' and they're M4's. I had a load of M3 rod ends available and compared lengths.

They did 'upgrade' a few things - like double grub screws on the driveshafts - as well as doing away with the cantilever shocks.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

any one know if the drive shafts on the txt 1 have a 6mm or a 5mm hole, I cant measure accurately enough, seen some nice junfac ones which have a 5mm hole and don't want to order unless im sure they'll fit.

ordered some more bits for her earlier, very easy to get carried away...

• Like 1

Fingers crossed, put some ally steering rods and servo mounts on aswell as steering was all a bit loose so hopefully nice and solid now.

Got some punisher drive shafts coming and some ally rod ends for axle links soon hopefully

They dint have actuall txt ones in stock and assumed they never would as discontinued so just went for ones that would fit so hopefully good, will let you know. Figured they'd be good idea with dual brushless and my plan to put lipos in

I bought the Punisher II shafts with all of the pre-empted hop-ups I had also prior to my build.

These also include the alloy gearbox case ... which doesn't permit the Punisher shafts to fit.

I have to run with standard shafts, unless I consider grinding away a small amount of the alloy on the gearbox!!

Shocks look good and should help it, but for me it also loses a bit of visual effect.

Sway bars as well - I have them as well somewhere I'd bought for the Juggernaut 'some time ago'!

Back to yours, get some photos up when you can - looking different, which is all part of the hobby.

Al.

I did um and ah a lot about getting rid of the canterlievers as they're pretty cool part of txt but practicality took over. They may return one day, or if the gmades still seem good at a later date I may get 4 more and have them doubled up