• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Young drivers insurance advice

animal47

Not worth it answering that an 3.8k insurance on a mini, must have been a 400bhp monster at that price.

Bottom line is go with what your comfortable with and your first year is always going to be around 1.3k to 1.6k if you get lucky you can get it under a grand but you would have to live in the perfect post code which is also another factor.

Good luck :)

I'm on my dads insurance on a 2000 ford focus 1.8litre saloon, he's got 30+ years NCB from riding bikes and driving cars. My sister is also on the insurance, she's got 8 years NCB. Im 23 and passed my test last year and have been driving a car since january this year. Also with 10k miles a year on the insurance. For all three of us to be on the insurance its

Not worth it answering that an 3.8k insurance on a mini, must have been a 400bhp monster at that price.

Bottom line is go with what your comfortable with and your first year is always going to be around 1.3k to 1.6k if you get lucky you can get it under a grand but you would have to live in the perfect post code which is also another factor.

Good luck :)

Where did you get these quotes from? Not a single friend of mine pays under Edited by EpicLURcher

these insurance threads go around constantly on car groups and tis the same old story.

There are far too many variables involved 

so guys seriously no point in saying "I pay X amount i live in Y and drive Z so why do you pay X etc etc etc"

• Like 2

Just to add, there is no such thing as 'fully comp' insurance either. The correct term is comprehensive, for, if you read the t&c's properly, there are always exceptions to being insured, for example if your vehicle is destroyed in war, or anything deemed as an 'act of God'

That feels so much better ;)

Luckily we do live in a insurance friendly postcode area although with the amount of new housing being built in the area that appears to be being filled with scum, that may not last long.

The work of Satan and his minions is not recognised by Insurers.

As an atheist, acts of 'God' mean nowt to myself....not worth getting into a debate with the insurance company though. Some things we accept and move on ;)

Out of interest, does those black boxy things allow for different road types, if you are hauling up and down dually's and mways then your driving would be smoother than if you live say Devon, Cornwall type areas. The drive across Dartmoor is stunning, but bumpy with twists into dips and crests so unless you going Jazz speed ie sub 30mph you are bumping around. If anyone is ever down this way and want to feel like Mr Loeb or McRae I urge you to go to Mortenhampstead and take the road to Princetown, but beware, it's banjo country!

In all honesty i dont know! I dont think it measure smoothness.

First report came in for my first 3 months of driving, everything is fine in their eyes so i earned a load of extra miles. Havent been driving to keep the box happy, been driving safely like a normal safe person would, ie no speeding/too quick around bends. Had a few quick stops to avoid other cars and obvs that is fine so no problem there like some people would say is a problem

no pleasing some people specially the younger folk when they hope there right but as its been said they decide you pay. however if you can get any normal car to wheelie (without mods) then i agree too that you should be awarded.

Avoiding the question of where you got the quotes from! Not being aggressive just was asking a nice question.

Anyways, i think we can all agree that insurance is massivly high for young drivers, but you have to have it so suck up the cost and enjoy driving!

• 2 weeks later...