• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nanotech 8400mha storage charge time

vrs55

Hello guys I have just got a 3s 8400mha with a model I just bought would you say I would be better going for a new charger I have a overlander rc6 which can charge up to 7 amp so won't be able to charge at 8.4 and also it storage charges at 1amp so this will take ages to storage charge?

It'll take longer yes,. but more importantly what you need to be looking at are the 'Watts' of the charger in question.

• 3S fully charged is 12.6 Volts
  • 8400mah = 8.4A

Watts = Volts x Amps   ---> charger needs to output 106 Watts.

Your overlander charger is 80W I believe.  So yeah will take longer but more importantly will be running it's tits off if u try and charge at it's max 7A.

In fact it'll only be charging in around around 6.4A  ( 80W / 12.6V)

IMO: lower the amp charge rate further (say 6A) or get a higher watt charger (a 150W will be happy charging you 8.4A  packs.)

Mine only runs 1A max when storage charging too :(  but it doesn't actually take that long as ya packs will 'rebound' up in voltage after ESC cuts it off.  I'm usually going from 3.6 volts per cell to 3.8.

I just charge the batteries on balance until approx 3.85v per cell, then pop it on storage charge so it can just flit a little, usually only takes a couple of mins on storage then.

At least the entire process happens 5x faster (5A charge compared to 1A storage charge) :)

• Like 1