• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The postal service sucks....

'83Junglizt

unless this is a Chevy Nova/ANYTHING other than a carp, Vauxhall hatch from the 80's, please hand back your membership card and gather all belongings from the cloakroom on your way out  :tease:

Hehe! id anticipated this reaction...!! its not your typical 'boy-ed up' nova, its subtle, doesn't have any pony fibreglass bodykits or 29" wheels and my exhaust is not a 4" jap inspired, badly fitted piece of poo... 

10346643_10201143899279200_3019280617676

In fairness, in these parts, royal mail/parcel force do a great job. The only company I have had trouble with is yodel. They damaged one of my 25kg,

• Like 1

As tempting as it was, he looked like a russian shot putter! He would have probably shrugged that off too! He was huge. He hasnt delivered here since so maybe my complaints about his lack of english, attitude and generally being a cock  got him the boot! There is hope for us all yet!!

I was a self-employed courier for 9 months back in '03/'04. It's a mugs game. I came away with about 30p profit per month. 

My missus suffered and Iranian asda driver, shes completely mullered from the waist down, walks with a crutch and he said "you can crack on and cart this lot up the stairs if you want"... cheeky pr1ck... he's lucky i wasnt there cos no matter how big he was I would have nutted him or bitten his nose off... im not the biggest of blokes but i more than make up for it with pent up vicious nasty ass rage!! 

• Like 1

I was a self-employed courier for 9 months back in '03/'04. It's a mugs game. I came away with about 30p profit per month. 

Thats B-S dude... :( 

unless this is a Chevy Nova/ANYTHING other than a carp, Vauxhall hatch from the 80's, please hand back your membership card and gather all belongings from the cloakroom on your way out  :tease:

What's up with Nova's anyway?! It could be worse, it could be french...

• Like 1

I honestly cant believe the ignorance of some people. Mainly foriegners too! My mum is disabled(broke her back some years ago, has crutches still and can barely walk) and had a similar thing to your missus. They ordered a new matress, 2 drivers arrived when mum was home alone. She offered them tea/coffee etc as she always does and asked them if they could take it upstairs, its only 1 flight, no obstructions etc. They just said no, sorry, were not allowed, sign here please and dumped it in the hallway and drove off! All this from a reputable bed company. Scum bags! FFS help a disabled person out! I hope karma catches up with these people!!

• Like 2

The poor nova fell into the hands of tools, who tried to make them something they weren't, emblazoning the back window with stickers, the worst being 'You've just been NOVAtaken'!

Alloy wheels and a large exhaust do not a sports car make ;)

On the note of nova's, i'm a ford man and hated nova's with a passion. A friend made me drive his nova sport I think it was. Mk1 1300, twin 40's and some stripes. I must say it was awesome! Nimble, noisy and the webbers sounded great at 7000rpm!! I still told him it was ***** though! I will never tell him the truth!lol And I agree, french cars are utter garbage.

I've had 99.9% the same as the car you drove, mine used to have a stage 2 head, comp exhaust from front to back, weber twin 40 carburettors, it did show promise of being pretty rapid, but not being able to totally understand every single minuscule detail and get them tuned perfectly without the aid of a 60 quid bill 8-10 times a year, I've opted to revert back to standard on most things, ive now got a standard cylinder head and back to the standard carb (with a couple of wee stock car mods) my old Weber's are now on a genuine, bona-fide rally car up in scotland... ive just got a tiny bit of tuning to do to hopefully go back to a vaguely normal, reliable(ish) car... Oh, and Nova Sport's, (like the one you drove) are rare as the proverbial rocking horse manure... A mate of mine, (known for tuning the nuts out of everything) has got a 3.0 V6 nova with a 100bhp shot of nitrous, just to be sure... does about an 11 second quarter mile, and he doesnt have cr4ppy decals on the rear window either! 

Edited by '83Junglizt

On the note of nova's, i'm a ford man and hated nova's with a passion. A friend made me drive his nova sport I think it was. Mk1 1300, twin 40's and some stripes. I must say it was awesome! Nimble, noisy and the webbers sounded great at 7000rpm!! I still told him it was ***** though! I will never tell him the truth!lol And I agree, french cars are utter garbage.

SOME French cars are absolute genius!!

In 1989 I worked in Andalucia - best hot hatches at the time were the on/off 5Turbo or 205 GTi. Spain only had the 1.9 - shame.

Absolute GEM - had it 9 years.

Ended up with 140 bhp at the wheels - nearly!!

French definitely make the most supple suspension.

Al.

I've had 99.9% the same as the car you drove, mine used to have a stage 2 head, comp exhaust from front to back, weber twin 40 carburettors, it did show promise of being pretty rapid, but not being able to totally understand every single minuscule detail and get them tuned perfectly without the aid of a 60 quid bill 8-10 times a year, I've opted to revert back to standard on most things, ive now got a standard cylinder head and back to the standard carb (with a couple of wee stock car mods) my old Weber's are now on a genuine, bona-fide rally car up in scotland... ive just got a tiny bit of tuning to do to hopefully go back to a vaguely normal, reliable(ish) car... Oh, and Nova Sport's, (like the one you drove) are rare as the proverbial rocking horse manure... A mate of mine, (known for tuning the nuts out of everything) has got a 3.0 V6 nova with a 100bhp shot of nitrous, just to be sure... does about an 11 second quarter mile, and he doesnt have cr4ppy decals on the rear window either! 

That is the trouble with carbs if you want maximum performance. I used to run a race bike(zx6r) and just bought the kit to do it myself, all it took was patience. I quite enjoyed the fettling! At least with the older nova's/fiesta's nothing is really expensive and they are easy to work on! 

His nova sport we ended up taking the engine and box out, stripping it ready for a respray. Usual story, sat in a garage in bits for months before losing interest and being sold for buttons, though not a vauxhall fan, I did feel it was a shame! 

Haha yeah it sounds like your mates nova needs the nitrous! Nothing like a bit of overkill!lol

Being a ford man, I bought an XR2i 16v. The cambelt snapped after many trackdays, burnouts and general abuse. So set about fitting a 2.0 16v zetec from a mondeo. I rebuilt the engine, skimmed the head, added a Custom 4 branch, inlet cam advanced 8 degrees, de-cat, magnex cat back, removed the egr valve, raised the fuel pressure and bored the throttle body to 62mm. It went like stink, enough to out drag my mates redtop nova anyway. Then bought a set of jenvey 45mm throttle bodies, emerald ecu and a set of cat cams. Should have been enough for 200+ bhp. Never fitted them, sold everything including the car and regretted it ever since! It would have been awesome in a car that weighed less than my shoes! The car is still attending car shows in northern ireland now! 

Keep up the good work mate, old skool cars rock!!

• Like 1

that Zetec transpalnt sounds awesome, i hate it when plans dont come into fruition... :( i (once upon a time) planned to fit a C20LET engine (2ltr turbo) into my nova but have since realised theres no point, 300+bhp in a flea weight FWD car is just silly... Oh, and its JEModels that dish out the sweeties!! :) 

So, my piggyback shocks got here, all the way from New South Wales, Australia in 7 days, puts some UK sellers/our postal service to shame... 

So, my piggyback shocks got here, all the way from New South Wales, Australia in 7 days, puts some UK sellers/our postal service to shame... 

That's impressive! Probably had to go the long way round way round Ukraine too...

I've waited longer for stuff from 'London'... or so they say... its 'the_twokeytwokeybird' on ebay, hes an RC enthusiast and appreciates that stuff shouldn't cost a fortune, hes got some uber-cool bits too.... and very reasonably priced, my 4 piggyback shocks cost me 31 quid, and theyre really well made, not a shred of plastic on them! :) 

Edited by '83Junglizt

Hehe! id anticipated this reaction...!! its not your typical 'boy-ed up' nova, its subtle, doesn't have any pony fibreglass bodykits or 29" wheels and my exhaust is not a 4" jap inspired, badly fitted piece of poo... 

10346643_10201143899279200_3019280617676

I've not seen a novathetop in years

All I said was I got a pair of bonnet vents the next day!! i dont even like the poxy friggin thing (car) anymore....

Edited by '83Junglizt