• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

South West Indoor RC - and the *SATURDAY SUMMER RACE DAYS*

MattyV6

Great racing and good fun last night :) Managed not to break anything this week but definitely changing tyres next week. The last 2 rounds were like drifting practice  :sweatdrop:  :sweatdrop: Time for some mini pins/cut staggers.

A few moments from the start of a round last night,

I tried to record some on-board in the final but the SD card was already full, so will give it another go next week.

Edited by Rtsbasic
  • Like 2

Nice, is that the same chassis design that Beth was running last night?

Yes, I think so, same chassis, just a different shell :-)

I've got John to order me an extra battery, and a clear shell so I can do one in my choice of colour. I'm hoping my wife will come along and race it; I'll have to race it when she can't make it... :D

• Like 1

Nice, the more the merrier :)

I'm more keen on building a vintage chassis before looking at anything smaller than 1/10, but the Losi Mini 8ight looks sweet..

I'm more keen on building a vintage chassis before looking at anything smaller than 1/10, but the Losi Mini 8ight looks sweet..

I was chatting with John today, and we mentioned the mini 8ight - they would more likely go in with the 1/10 buggies, as they are 1/14, but SO much faster than the tiddly 1/18 I've just got! Likelihood is that there would be a class just for 1/18s. Perhaps we should start a micro class thread on oople too!

I'm more keen on the vintage too; as I said above, I got it to encourage my wife along really, however, I just charged the battery and had a quick go with the mini outside this evening, and it's FAB! Great fun! Really quick on a gravel drive and on the road, and goes surprisingly well on grass, the 4wd helps a lot... Can't wait to give it a go on the track on Thursday! Trouble is I won't know which class to race in!! Can't do them all, got to get some marshalling in somehow! :D

Once again work has got in the way of my plans :( so can't get up there til next week.

Fingers crossed my pinions and lipos arrive tomorrow or Saturday as i'm planning on giving it a good shake down run at St Pirans Raceway on Sunday.

If you can make it then definitely pop down, its getting busier each week and the racing is getting better and better. If you don't have a personal transponder we have handouts for the night :)

Did you make it down to St Pirans? Thats a lovely track, ive been on it once, it was really nice. Just a shame all the other times ive tried to go its been raining :(

We have already been down for a few days this year but the mrs wants to come down again after we move house but well see. But when we do come down I will 100% let you know and see if I can coincide it with a race night. And don't worry about me beating you I'm rubbish.

Sorry for the late reply ive just not had a chance to get on here over the last few weeks.

It would be really good if you could make a race night, everyone is a real friendly lot and the racing is getting better and better each week :).

We are really close to Looe/Seaton/Polperro. These are deffo worth checking out if you are down this way!

What car you going to be getting?

The Schumacher KF for the 10th and something like a Mini 8 for the mirco class and also an RC10 for the vintage class but i'm really struggling to find the time to sort anything out :(

Was a good night last night. First run with the H2 and after a few laps started to get into it. First time running indoors on carpet and i have to say i enjoyed every minute  :thumbsup: 

Cheers Matt and Jonathan for a good night.

IMAG5057_BURST012_zpsqwm4vkdy.jpg

IMAG5056_BURST008_zpsnu1gtvj3.jpg
IMAG5053_BURST009_1_zpsweiz3bhx.jpg
IMAG5053_BURST007_1_zpsmrvppwlg.jpg

I'm loving these pictures!!!

I'm going to try and get some decent ones this week. These are just EPIC!

I picked up a 1/18 truggy today... Micro class here I come!

http://helion-rc.com/animus18TR/

Barry this is brilliant!! Although i'm still yet to get my vintage car i'm also looking for a Losi mini 8 or similar to run in the micro class! 

They just look so well planted for such cute little things lol!

Definitely dont overlook a micro class!

I didnt really think much of them until Jonathan May turned up to one of the track laying nights with his and it was truly awesome Rich!

Ive so may cars on my list but something micro is neat the top :)

If you can make it then definitely pop down, its getting busier each week and the racing is getting better and better. If you don't have a personal transponder we have handouts for the night :)

Did you make it down to St Pirans? Thats a lovely track, ive been on it once, it was really nice. Just a shame all the other times ive tried to go its been raining :(

My car blew hole in it's engine yesterday, so sadly not.

But the 22 will be fully running by Thursday night, whether i have a 1:1 to get me there or not remains to be seen lol.

Barry this is brilliant!! Although i'm still yet to get my vintage car i'm also looking for a Losi mini 8 or similar to run in the micro class!

I didnt really think much of them until Jonathan May turned up to one of the track laying nights with his and it was truly awesome Rich!

If you've yet to get your vintage, and want a micro, does that mean you now have your KF?!? :D

Might be an idea to have a chat with John (Nimrif) about the micros... See my comment above, but in brief I had a chat with him last Thursday about the micros, and he was suggesting that the 1/14 (like the Losi I think) should not be in the same class as the 1/18 (Like mine) because there is such a difference in performance. It seems that the 1/14 can keep up with the 1/10, and so would have a big advantage over 1/18s...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you've yet to get your vintage, and want a micro, does that mean you now have your KF?!? :D

Might be an idea to have a chat with John (Nimrif) about the micros... See my comment above, but in brief I had a chat with him last Thursday about the micros, and he was suggesting that the 1/14 (like the Losi I think) should not be in the same class as the 1/18 (Like mine) because there is such a difference in performance. It seems that the 1/14 can keep up with the 1/10, and so would have a big advantage over 1/18s...

I'm drooling over the 1/16 Carisma GTB at the moment, too many to choose from :D

I'm drooling over the 1/16 Carisma GTB at the moment, too many to choose from :D

I'm rather liking the AE RC18B2 (brushless), but it's over twice the price of the Helion...

have a look at the lc racing eb1

I'm rather liking the AE RC18B2 (brushless), but it's over twice the price of the Helion...

Stop making this more complicated!! :)

I'm a massive AE fan, but having owned 1/18 and 1/16 before, I want to go 1/16 or 1/14. My fingers aren't small enough for 1/18 diff's and shocks :D

Doesn't look like there's much in it between the GTB and EMB1 then?

• Like 2

I'm a massive AE fan, but having owned 1/18 and 1/16 before, I want to go 1/16 or 1/14. My fingers aren't small enough for 1/18 diff's and shocks :D

have a look at the lc racing eb1

I think the micro class will be more complicated than the vintage to organise!

I know Matt said not to overlook them, but they do feel more like toys than the 1/10 (at least the 1/18 does, not tried the Losi 1/14, but it looked very fast!), but then again, I'm told they are all toys :shockingscary: (I still argue they are racing cars, not toys - and it says so on the RC10 box!! :D ) One thing is for certain though, they are more difficult to fix with my fingers, as Richard said!

Problem as I see it is, almost all the makers make 1/8 and 1/10, however, the size and performance of the micros varies hugely; AE only make 1/18 micro, others don't make 1/18, but might do 1/14, 1/16, 1/24 and so on... This one is going to require some thought to make it work fairly, especially for a championship.... (Matt!) in some ways, probably best not to get a micro until the class has been worked out...

Loving the little micro, but still preferring the 2wd and vintage (I will try the micro during practice this week)

On the subject, any more takers for the vintage class? I was hoping to run the RC10 this week...

Edited by belms

The EMB -1 buggy is great very race worthy, I recently just sold one I should of kept it, if I had to choose 1/14 1/12 would be my choice

One advantage of those scales is that you can still see them at the opposite end of the track... :D lol

I think the micro class will be more complicated than the vintage to organise!

I know Matt said not to overlook them, but they do feel more like toys than the 1/10 (at least the 1/18 does, not tried the Losi 1/14, but it looked very fast!), but then again, I'm told they are all toys :shockingscary: (I still argue they are racing cars, not toys - and it says so on the RC10 box!! :D ) One thing is for certain though, they are more difficult to fix with my fingers, as Richard said!

Problem as I see it is, almost all the makers make 1/8 and 1/10, however, the size and performance of the micros varies hugely; AE only make 1/18 micro, others don't make 1/18, but might do 1/14, 1/16, 1/24 and so on... This one is going to require some thought to make it work fairly, especially for a championship.... (Matt!) in some ways, probably best not to get a micro until the class has been worked out...

Loving the little micro, but still preferring the 2wd and vintage (I will try the micro during practice this week)

On the subject, any more takers for the vintage class? I was hoping to run the RC10 this week...

Micro's are so much more tricky to drive IMO, I don't think I'd be too worried about what anyone turns up with, more about getting a class established IMO. From 1/14 to 1/18, so long as there's enough for a race, no doubt it will be fun.

As soon as I find a nice RC10 B3 that hasn't been ran to within an inch of its life, I'll be there with it. Or an RC10 Worlds will appear in the basket one day.. I'm looking at that every day thinking, so many of my RC10 T2 parts would be compatible..

The EMB -1 buggy is great very race worthy, I recently just sold one I should of kept it, if I had to choose 1/14 1/12 would be my choice

The EMB-1 and Carisma GTB are both tempting.. I need to bring my glasses next week and see if a 1/18 is visible at the other end of the track first though!! :)

Edited by Rtsbasic
  • Like 1