• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Next bash?

jari

Anyone?

this weekend or next maybe? After that is the school holidays... so all of us with kids get scattered to the four winds via holidays and other commitments. Well I do.

Saturday weather looking ok. or next weekend?

trent park or quarry?

shall we try and do next weekend then? Trent park? haven't been there for ages, it is close enough to all of us. Seems like it is a better venue for London folks. Anyone have Chris' number to get in touch?

Sounds like a plan!

Hopefully....I'll have the Baja cage ready for testing by then. Don;t forget the insect repellent for Trent though! Mossies love this weather.

Haven't got Chris' number. Last time I bumped into him he didn't want to talk to me .... guess he's still got the hump for getting banned off here....and coz I'm staff...it's my fault. If that's how he wants to be...that's his choice.

Weather forecast on Saturday looks nasty. Forecasting thunderstorms, torrential downpours flood, famine and rivers of blood, with a possible plague of frogs thrown in.

Sunday might be a better option. Trent does have some shelter, and is on high ground.... but I'd still prefer to avoid the weather. Trouble is....these things tend to change daily!

Somewhere around 11am ish works best for me.

Don;t know about the others. Prefer to get up and about before the day gets too hot

Hot? Hot! I'll show you hot... just wait until tomorrow.... Sunday is going to feel like Autumn after tomorrow :)  At least Trent brings shade...

Not sure I can make it that early will be more like 2 or 3 before I can get there . Finishing off chores before summer holiday.

got there just after 3. left just after 5 as the thunderstorms were closing in.. 

chris and tom turned up, and Dazz(?) and son. 

there were 3 others there too - savage flux, st4 and a new eb4. good fun. not too many breakages. shame to have missed you.

I went earlier, and missed the bad weather....but not the mossies! Even the repellent wasn't enough.

Mind you...that bit of the woods is 'Moat Woods' .... and there is a lovely big bit of still water in amongst the trees where they breed. You walk past it coming down from the main road.

Need to finish up the rail this week, and get it run so it's ready for the next one.

I went earlier, and missed the bad weather....but not the mossies! Even the repellent wasn't enough.

Mind you...that bit of the woods is 'Moat Woods' .... and there is a lovely big bit of still water in amongst the trees where they breed. You walk past it coming down from the main road.

Need to finish up the rail this week, and get it run so it's ready for the next one.

yes , look forward to seeing the sand rail in the metal. here's to next time!

• 1 month later...

The quarry bash was fantastic! It was my first trip there and it really is worth making the journey for! There's something for just about everyone, but I'll agree with Chris that for general bashing you don't want to go below 1/8. Anything smaller will get thrown about by the rough terrain if you start nailing the throttle. The larger stuff copes fine, there's jumpy bits and a longish section for drag racing.

There's also some good rocky stuff for the crawlerzzz........ ;)

As it's clay, it's not advisable if the ground's wet, you'll be scrubbing your cars for hours to get that muck off!

My Super 5sc flux had a damn fine thrashing, plenty of speed and plenty of air time, I wish I'd taken the Gopro to get some proper footage.

All in all a top afternoons bashing!

The quarry bash was fantastic! It was my first trip there and it really is worth making the journey for! There's something for just about everyone, but I'll agree with Chris that for general bashing you don't want to go below 1/8. Anything smaller will get thrown about by the rough terrain if you start nailing the throttle. The larger stuff copes fine, there's jumpy bits and a longish section for drag racing.

There's also some good rocky stuff for the crawlerzzz........ ;)

As it's clay, it's not advisable if the ground's wet, you'll be scrubbing your cars for hours to get that muck off!

My Super 5sc flux had a damn fine thrashing, plenty of speed and plenty of air time, I wish I'd taken the Gopro to get some proper footage.

All in all a top afternoons bashing!

:) glad you liked it. Big jump, long sweeping sections for speed, tricky climbs back up, plenty of smaller yumps and bumps. 

it is murder on 1/10th scale though. cleaning when wet is also murder.

some video@: