• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Motor pin moved ?

nemo#1

Hello I stripped my pinion gear today,it looked like the pinion had moved out of line with my spur gear but on closer inspection I noticed my motor pin had moved out slightly and with a couple of light taps it went back in,has enyone experienced this,is there eny way I can secure the motor pin from moving again,thanks

if the motor shaft has come away / de bonded with the magnets its had it .. some motors can be re built .. but  must off the cheaper ones are throw away items   .

ok thanks guys,its a tork engine on a savage hp,I haven't been keeping an eye on the temps,only had the truck a couple of weeks but bought it second hand and had this problem from the start

If the rotor has come off the shaft the sooner it is looked at the better, it will get worse.

The other thing that I can think of is the brushes on the shaft are worn, or have been taken out.

If the rotor has de-bonded you should see a performance decrease, (lack of acceleration or non at all) and high temps.

I've repaired a castle rotor before, the repair worked for 2 months with no issues, but then it de-bonded again and pretty much went bang without any warning.

I accidentally pulled the shaft out by 10mm while removing a stubbon pinion, mine is a Castle 1515 so it's not limited to cheaper motors.

What I did was strip the motor clean it up and added a drop of bearing retainer on the shaft and pushed it back into place, the shaft has a flat spot so the rotor can't slip while turning. This was 6months ago and it's still running, although it's had only 8-10 packs through it...

So if you have experience rebuilding motors, it could be an easy fix?