• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight-T arrived today

ninjagaiden

Well it's in :)

It's tested :)

It's working perfect with a small bit dremeled off the chassis and a flat on the motor can near the shaft :)

Just tested a 2s lipo and a 3s right after each other and motor only just started to get warm and esc was still cold :)

Running a 16T Traxxas pinion and stock 50t spur.

Fan in pics wasn't plugged in so can't have cooled the motor ;)

Pics....

3b656035620daeab0a32cd28156d09a8_zps4488

407964f5ad60a3f53679ebc4675bbbb2_zps5ebd

69bfcad8a5ef19f4abb18f0b07d0470d_zps5b1a

abd319a95b4adc69356b1bb77b25837f_zpsc2af

And GOD DAMN is it quick :) almost pops wheelies.

Edited by hebby

That's very good indeed fella, glad it's running sweet for you.

Making me even more tempted now :lol:

It's quicker on 2s than my old mini 8ight on 3s :) so running 3s on the trusty is like 4s on the mini 8ight :) if you understand me?

The stock spur is a 62 ?? and traxxas pinions are 48dp not 0.5 so did you swap out the spur for a traxxas one ?? 

This is now becoming more tempting sorry Noj but i might get one and start moaning like a biatch!!!!!!!

• Like 1

No I stripped the stock spur before the motor went in so whilst I was in there I swapped the spur for the middle size one in the pack of 3 ( Losi mini 8ight ones ) think its a 60t not 50 as previously thought.

Stock 60t spur and Traxxas 16T pinion :)

• Like 1

Brakes are spot on and can't remember with the cogging as I was too buzzing but if I'm sure it doesn't cog but will check again tomoz cos the biddy patrol are out walking there dogs and being nosey :(

Just checked in kitchen and still a little cogging but nowhere near as much as before :)

Maybe needs a hobbywing or mamba ESC instead :)

Edited by hebby

Oh and another mod I did was to move the battery tray end slightly as there's an extra set of holes for screws but if you move up the tray to fit longer lipo you must re position the receiver :) mine is on top of the servo ;) that will be replaced with a better one :)

Hitec one twitched and unsure if it was the servo but it was sent back so will update when new one arrives :)

Had first half pack on Tarmac then felt motor and wasn't even warm as I could put my lip on it :) then second half tested on grass at side of my house and once lipo run flat tested again and again could put my bottom lip on the motor no problems :)

Don't ask why I used my lip but it just seemed like it was a sensitive part to use :) no Noj I wasn't putting any other sticky out body part on it to test ;) missus wants another baby :)

Edited by hebby
  • Like 2

I ran my velineon on the stock ESC for a bit. Swap it out for a better ESC - the cogging will disappear and you'll get much smoother power delivery!

I just ordered two more 45A X-cars from Hobbyking for my EMB-1 and my GT10DT, they are

I ran my velineon on the stock ESC for a bit. Swap it out for a better ESC - the cogging will disappear and you'll get much smoother power delivery!

I just ordered two more 45A X-cars from Hobbyking for my EMB-1 and my GT10DT, they are

If anyone is interested in a cheap Velineon, I got back from Cornwall today and found my seond one had already arrived from Jenny's RC in the US in 6 days, and with no customs duty! They are selling for

Just caught up on this, fantastic news mate, job well done! :)

I lick motors (obviously) to check temps, so can see no issue with using a lip, providing it is your own, and certainly not one belonging to your misses ;)

Doddy, you know the punishment for purchasing one and then moaning about it.... I don't have the highest gas bill in the area without good reason..... ;)

Well the Hitec 225mg doesn't really work with the spektrum :(

It's just glitches a lot :( ah well it's there for then the EMB short course arrives :)

Edited by hebby

Have they fixed this yet, looks like a cool car, but aint gonna buy a car that's electrics are not up to the job, sorry did not want tor ead the whole thread.

Have to admit it I was the same as you but if by just sticking a