• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja 5b by RJJ

RJJ

Very nice job mate.

Strange how so much bling with plastic (RPM?) arms seems to work - I suppose you can bling too far!!

No need to say those 5B wheel rims will get a hammering once seriously bashing / racing.

Al.

• Like 1

Well I have fired her up at bhbf, what a sound from the Bartolone engine and pipe, had a huge smile :)

Shakedown testing went very well, it all works properly 1st time and no breakages. I had to gear up to 20/54! for a 29,5cc.

So another upload to youtube, becoming a habit lol.

Enjoy :) btw if anybody has any footage from bashfest, would be grateful if you can post it up, thankyou :)

Edited by RJJ
  • Like 3

Looks great!

Seems like you've got yourself a fairly decent lawnmower!!

Night shots are good - must have looked weird to passers-by!!

Al.

Thanks mate, Lol, yeah its the deluxe version of lawnmowers.

Passing UFO springs to mind lol, yeah had bit of an audience for the night footage.

Link doesn't work for me :(

I think I got a vid of you on the oval

Try it now matey, should work :)

Post up the footage wouldn't mind a look at the few laps of the oval I did, thx

This is the rig after its been cleaned down with an compressor etc, i made the lights and other bits plug n play for this reason, its easy to clean and maintain. Only took 20-30mins :)

Back to shelf queen status until its next run out.

IMG_1807_zps35a2e63b.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Little update on this 5b :)

I wanted a progressive hard rear spring and Rob at Innovative RC made me up a set, pic shows progressive soft fronts as well. I found the HD to hard and normal progressive ones to soft.

Also installed a full force servo mount in blue, I have the small servo clamps in blue but elected to use the rubber mounts to provide some cushioning.

image.jpg2_zpsa0salirj.jpg

I also have the same spring perches made again, but a wider slot to accommodate the rubber boots that protect those titanium shock shafts, no tearing now :)

image.jpg1_zpsgjfrccvf.jpg

Edited by RJJ

This Baja is awesome, I'd never be able to use it though if it were mine. i'd be too scared of damaging it!

thanks :), seeing as I sold my last 5b and regretted it, their was only one way I could rectify the regret by sitting down and building my version of an ultimate 5b as I have always been a 5b kinda guy compared to the 5sc/5T.

Tbh all my rc's get used except one so far my losi. It's taken a tumble or two the 5b and its fine, yeah some parts in due course do pickup scratches etc but rectified on re anodising.

If you can build it, you can fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks :), seeing as I sold my last 5b and regretted it, their was only one way I could rectify the regret by sitting down and building my version of an ultimate 5b as I have always been a 5b kinda guy compared to the 5sc/5T.

Tbh all my rc's get used except one so far my losi. It's taken a tumble or two the 5b and its fine, yeah some parts in due course do pickup scratches etc but rectified on re anodising.

If you can build it, you can fix it.

Where do you get your parts anodised? And roughly how much does it cost please?

Where do you get your parts anodised? And roughly how much does it cost please?

Best advice on that is find a local company and get a quote. Normally done in batches so get all your parts together and see what they can do. I have seen a range of prices from companies.

Also be prepared for setbacks as some parts don't turn out how you would like and it may mean you either live with it or buy the part again to anodise.

Tbh it all adds up and can become costly :)

I dont like that wing on the back there, well out of proportion, the things massive, ;)

Totally agree with you, never used the elcon wing on the 5b and a worx one is used for that reason.

Last set of pics on page before is final spec :)

RAW2635_zps3e6ea0d0.jpg

• Like 1

Best advice on that is find a local company and get a quote. Normally done in batches so get all your parts together and see what they can do. I have seen a range of prices from companies.

Also be prepared for setbacks as some parts don't turn out how you would like and it may mean you either live with it or buy the part again to anodise.

Tbh it all adds up and can become costly :)

Nice one fella. Your baja is one of the best examples I've ever seen! Fair play :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

Nice one fella. Your baja is one of the best examples I've ever seen! Fair play :thumbsup:

Very kind words fella, thank you.

I subscribe to the theory that your RC is what you make it and the smile on your face is all that matters and having fun, more fun and then even more fun :)

There is no right or wrong, it's all the same hobby and that's why we are here on the forums.