• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Hyper ST Brushless Build Thread

Oh right, thought they were both RTR's

So as the one paying for all of it... you'll get the one with all the shiny cnc goodies right?  :thumbsup:

Edited by bugster

Then I drilled out the 4 holes that are used to screw through when mounting the stone guards. The HoBao standard ones are held in with small screws, the Mugen ones required a slightly thicker screw so I drilled out the existing holes with a 4mm bit.

Which size screws did  you use for the Mugen guards mate?

Cool.

I got my motor and esc on Monday, received a note from the post office on Friday, so guess they got it Wed/Thurs, your waiting quite long for yours.

Not that I can do anything with it, having no mount. Where you getting yours from? I cancelled mine from Modelsport and bought one from TC Models which is on the way.

http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=61&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71&vmcchk=1&Itemid=71

Got a $17 refund for postage to, bonus.

You've ordered the RC monster ones?

I have some family in the states right now on holiday, but they travel around which is a buggar, otherwise might have gotten one.

Cool cool.

I ordered something from the state,s and then ordered something else the following day from the same company, took about 2 weeks more for the second order to arrive for some reason.

But always good to hear it's in this country.

Look what turned up this morning at long last.

IMAG1320_zpsz6ewrxw2.jpg

So after working out where everything would sit, I set about fitting the ESC to the battery tray with some hardcore sticky pads and cable ties.

IMAG1323_zpspzinsjme.jpg

Mounted the motor and conversion kit motor mount to the chassis and the Rx from my Spektrum radio gear.

IMAG1321_zpstz1wlmo5.jpg

Tomorrow I will add in my spider diff and hopefully take it out for a test run.

Looking good, what pinion you gonna use?

I've gone for a 15t, and have had to grind the bejesus out of the rear chassis brace.

Gonna put up a build thread as got quite a few pics now.

Let me know how well those Castle Motors fly. am waiting on a new driveshaft before I can run mine in :) and boy am I eager to know what`s coming lol.

With a 16T and a 6400mah 4S lipo it flies like nothing I've ever seen, the tyres ballon right up and it just hits warp factor 7.

Never realised it would be this quick, it's mental.

I've had to be really careful as I tested it without the rear brace in place, it needs really filing down as you say.

What a weapon though.

With a 16T and a 6400mah 4S lipo it flies like nothing I've ever seen, the tyres ballon right up and it just hits warp factor 7.

Never realised it would be this quick, it's mental.

I've had to be really careful as I tested it without the rear brace in place, it needs really filing down as you say.

What a weapon though.

Sounds ideal!

Was a little underwhelmed with 4s on my old Trackstar 2350kv motor, but from what Ive heard of these Castle`s, then I can expect a good bit more power, from a lower kv. Which is only a good thing. Not to mention my old motor would heat up about 20mins in to every run (give or take a bit for the battery and what im doing), but always into the 70+ degrees, causing my over heat protection to kick in.

That should also disappear with the Castle motor installed.

Get us a video of it on 4s if you can :)