• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

looking at starting touring car any advice

tw2806

hi I have always had off road rc cars and done mardave for a bit but I have always fancied a touring car and something I could possibly use for a bit of drift aswell. any ideas and help would be very helpful? thanks

bashing how would I bash a on road car unless they now have jumps on touring car tracks lol. racing indoor and outdoor on tracks

What you've never taken a TC over a jump xD  But yeah best advice is check your local club, see what classes are popular, what the rules are and what chassis are popular in those classes.

Bought a tc 6.1. Just need to get servo, esc and a shell what servos are people running

I use a Savox 1252 in mine.

I'd recommend getting a servo saver if you've never raced before and racing indoors as you're bound to have a few collisions. It might be worth running a servo saver outdoors too but depends on the track if has walls/curbs you can hit etc.

I have used a futaba s9550 in my last 3 touring cars, which span over the course of about 7 years!

needless to say, its been very reliable. 

Best