• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new engine choice?

nemo#1

Have a look at what the savage xl owners upgrade their engine too mate. Ide guess lrp, i want the lrp28 for my trucks

Edited by RCbutcher

I have a savage x which needs a new engine was thinking of the hpi k5.9,what would you guys recommend,thanks :)

I rate the k5.9 as being a good engine. I'm on my second one in my savage xl the first one lasted for a long time with over 12gallons of fuel through it with no problems. They both seemed to keep a good tune and have great amount of low end power and a good top end. The only gripe I have is how fast it drinks the nitro fuel but, if you worried about the amount of fuel you will use take a bigger bottle.

I ordered my lrp on Saturday had an e mail yesterday (12th) to say payment by debit card had been recieved and cleared and my engine had been shipped. Delivery can be between 7-14 days. I'll let yo guys know when it arrives. Communication from this firm has been excellent!! They have informed me of everything that is happening

I rate the k5.9 as being a good engine. I'm on my second one in my savage xl the first one lasted for a long time with over 12gallons of fuel through it with no problems. They both seemed to keep a good tune and have great amount of low end power and a good top end. The only gripe I have is how fast it drinks the nitro fuel but, if you worried about the amount of fuel you will use take a bigger bottle.

I also rate the r36 force as mine has been absolutely spot on stupidly fast.

Sent from my HTC One max