• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

****(Hong nor / Jammin Owners Club)****

On 20/06/2019 at 13:54, Sareno said:

Still people around with Hong Nor?

Yeah I'm still rocking my scrt10 after 7+ years. I can only really find spares on rcwillpower though and they take weeks to arrive :(

12 hours ago, Sareno said:

Second that, WillPower is responding pretty badly. 

At least they stock most parts that I need. Otherwise I'd have to say bye bye to it as a basher

• 3 years later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. I bought an old brushless X2 CRT Pro that had been sitting in a shed for 5 years, possibly longer.  It is missing a shell and the electronics, and at first glance it looked in good shape but unfortunately the chassis is bent, by the looks of it  something has fallen on it. So I had a look around  and decided,based on cost and weight, to order an I-RC chassis for it.  Now I hope I didn't jump the gun, but I'm presuming/hoping that it'll be a straight swap over and that no further mods will be needed to get it and the existing parts to fit ?!?!?

In addition to the chassis I have also ordered a new shell (the one from the Hong Nor Mega Booster is a direct fit) along with a few spares, arms, a cnc sliding motor mount and centre diff holder. The Mega Booster BTW is built on the CRT X2 platform, only the body and hex entenders are different. Full spares support is now available  on the continents from Hong Nor stockists.

I want to run  it at my local track and therefore plan on putting a Tekin  unit n it.

I'll put some pics up of he rebuild as things progress. Here are some pics of the motor mount and diff holder that I bought.

received_842232950106406.jpeg

received_2257038747810470.jpeg

received_1774772389582429.jpeg

Edited by Woolie1975
  • Like 2

Hong Nor still make the X2 CRT, albeit in a slightly different guise. They now call it the "Mega Booster" and parts are readily available, even the options. I sourced my parts from "Gruber Racing" in Germany, which happens to be where I am currently based. The bumper, sliding motor mount and diff tower all  came from "Oktays Bumper" again in Germany . Oktay makes CNC and Carbon parts for RC Basher type cars. He is a one man show and you would need to search Facebook to find him. 

I also picked up an Innovative RC lightened and extended CRT X1 chassis, The plan was  to fit this before I realised that I would need X1 CRT chassis braces as the X2 ones I had were too short.  

Here are a couple of pics of my  HN X3S EVO.. 

20221003_104300.jpg

20221003_104250.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Mega Booster bodyshell painted and mounted. Motor and ESC installed.  I just need to  mod the steering a bit as  the turning radius isn't the best. I think some bent rod ends  should do the trick.  Other than that I am very happy with how it turned out. Despite being an older platform the X2 is as light as other modern day competition truggies. I'm certain that it will still be competitive on the track too. 

20221202_172610.jpg

20221202_172534.jpg

20221116_175305.jpg