• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Optifuel

bjsparks

hi guys

ive got another thread running about my t-15 overheating, juts a thought im trying this optifuel optimix20. has anyone tried this and whats the opinion . I was using big bnag on my last t-15 np, but tried this for the price any info>??

bjsparks

If you what Optifuel, look at the race mix. The RTR is cheaper but MEGA smokey. Byrons Race Gen is the fuel I'd recommend.

For an extra

Edited by James1986
  • Like 1

I run Optifuel Race in all my cars, and it's not bad.

Byrons is better....but not worth the extra cost. You pay the same for a large bottle of each...but Byrons is sold in US gallons.....and that's about 3.8 litres. Optifuel is a full 5 litres.

Personally, I avoid Optifuel RTR as I like to be able to see where my car is.

Im probably not the best person to ask, lol, but I have used optifuel race 25% in the past but now mainly use model technics big bang 25%, to be honest i havnt noticed any difference between the 2- except the colour!

That and the fact i can just walk down the road to get the mtbb off the shelf, whereas i have to order optifuel in lol!

Im no expert in fuels, but for my general bashing needs the mtbb is fine and i get a good deal so cant complain, just my 2 cents worth.

would using 20% instaed of 16 increase the heast that much??

btw I haven't noticed that much smoke

The nitro content doesn't effect the temps directly. If you run a higher nitro fuel you'll generally end up with a richer tune (can't remember why :lol: ) It is this richer tune that allows the engine to run cooler. With reduced run times of course!

so you don't thin it would help james with the over heating then james?? ive already set hsn to factory .

I wouldn't be recommending 25% nitro in a .15 engine :xd: you'll prob need to shim the head to reduce compression, which gets far too complicated for my liking!

Found my hyper .21 didn't like 25% Optifuel Race, could never get a solid tune out of it.

With Byrons 25% it went better and only needed a small adjustment to get the tune spot on in different ambient temperatures. Never lost a tune with that stuff.

I use it my self for my small block engines, and as long as you don't tune by the smoke trail its fine, Although when it runs out I'm switching to the VP fuel i have stocked up on with the offer that was on (or still is - I've not checked)  :yes: