• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Habao Hyper ST Pro Build

BigBen

I've never attempted to build let alone drive a nitro rc car before in my life. So I'm pretty damn new to all this and as my first car I have decided on a Habao Hyper ST Pro Kit. I'm not sure whether this is a good move or what seeing the amount of pieces this kit comes with! 

I like a challenge though  :sweatdrop: !

I'm building this kit bit by bit and will be buying each part once a month or so, so it's an on going project!

The engine I plan on using is an LRP ZR.32 Spec 2, Savox Servos and quite possibly a Hong Nor BigBore! But that's all bound to change in a few months time!

Upon opening the box I had somewhat a fit! Now I knew it was a 'Kit' but wow!! you have to build EVERYTHING!! Brilliant haha!  :whistling:

Anyone enough with the rabbling!

Here's tonight's little progress..

Front diff and rear diff assembled and oiled up along with the spider centre diff.

Diffs_zps6f95bb38.jpg

Not much but no time tonight! I'm hoping to crack on with it tomorrow now  :thumbsup: .

More to come!

Ben

Rear gearbox, arms, hubs and stabilizers assembled !

RearEnd2_zpsab0ee045.jpg

RearEnd1_zps7248a5d0.jpg

Centre spider diff assembly next!

I seriously cannot believe how much time this thing is taking to build! I'm gonna be too worried to get it dusty when it's complete! 

I've painted the rear wing and wheels gold  :sweatdrop: .

Wing2_zpsbc3eef08.jpg

Wing1_zps03b19792.jpg

wheels2_zps1f9ba4e5.jpg

Wheels1_zps15bec1b3.jpg

What do you reckon? I'm loving it myself!

I just need an engine, servos, exhaust, batteries and the rc equipment now! 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks mint, had mine for around 3 years, best RC i've ever bought! Hit a bench leg around 30mph, did a couple off spins and drove off, bulletproof little buggers!

Wait till you brushless it ;)

• Like 1

No worries. They look great with a set of spoked truggy wheels, here's mine with JC Rulux half ups and badlands.

1AB8C3E5-4FC6-497C-9CE7-092602BCDE51-124

Whereabouts in Essex are you? There's a track in Fairlop I keep on meaning to go to but haven't had the time to.

• 5 years later...

Holy thread revival batman!

So after 5 years of never actually finishing this, I have dug bits of it out of storage and decided to get this finished. Spec is the same apart from the engine now being a .28 .

Now I'm based in Wickford but likely to change next year. Are there any local groups knocking about?

I'll get some new pictures on here later :) .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...