• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Centre spider diff

ade909

It's hyper st, nitro the only diff oil I have is CMl pure silicone 60.000 this stuff is like treacle, would this stuff be okay?

Depends how you want it to drive. With that oil it would be 4wd virtually 100% of the time. Certainly wouldn't do any harm for the time being if you're waiting for something a little more lightweight.

I use heavier than that in my centres but then I like having perm 4wd.

Okay my idea is to use the 60.000 and thin it down with some 25w shock oil well my last resort, first I got to do some research and find out the pros and cons in different oil weights, permanent 4x4 would be to much for me as it would be more prone to under steering, 70 % rear and 30 front I wouldn't mind.

Edited by ade909

Thicker fluid in the center diff will make your rear wheels push the buggy, while thinner fluid will make the front wheels pull the buggy.

10k for a nitro truggy will be a good starting point and tune it from there to suit you and your driving style.

I wouldn't mix diff oil and shock oil just buy some more diff oil it's only 4-5 quid.

Diff oil and shock oil are the same thing, the're both silicone oil, just different viscosities,  and can be mixed.

Here's a mixture calculator for the OP http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/oil_mixer.html

Edited by gavin28
  • Like 1