• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

revo

nitromad

i got a 3.3 engine for my revo.itwould not turn over .even with a fully charged battery in the ez start.i had to strip the engine and oiled the hole thing .now its fine but would i have done any damage tryiny to start it in the first place.it got stuck when the the piston hit the top and i could not even turn it over with the heat sink of

I've got a 2.5 revo and bought a new 3.3 revo to break in last friday.

I had exactly the same problem, with it getting stuck at TDC and refusing to fire up.... I ended up buying a new battery pack (my old one was very tired) and I also bought a glow plug ignitor. Whilst I was at my lhs I mentioned this and I was told to take the glow plug out, hold a rag over the engine and just spin the engine over for five minutes using the EZ-Start whilst dropping fuel or WD40 down the carb.

The next day after a full charge, I did this and when i put the glow plug back in and ignitor on, it fired up first time... Result!

BTW, if your'e running it in now, follow the winter running in tips and add a collar or jacket to the head to get it up to temperature.