• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lego fanatics

hebby

You've gone mad @ChrisT however like @oodboo I do like to keep the larger boxes, although the only one I have is the Porsche 911 GT3 RS one 🤪

They are a pain when you put your finger in the tab to open and rip the entire box 😂 

Really surprised you haven't got them done yet Chris?! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oodboo said:

You've gone mad 😂😂

I was thinking of carefully cutting the front off to frame and display next to the model. Mainly just for the bigger models though, the mustang, bond car and when I finish it, the Batmobile. The wife didn't like the idea though.

Yeah I need to ease up on this, it's only a box :lol: I'll probably cut the front and back face off like what I've done with some Tamoya boxes.

8 minutes ago, Coops said:

You've gone mad @ChrisT however like @oodboo I do like to keep the larger boxes, although the only one I have is the Porsche 911 GT3 RS one 🤪

They are a pain when you put your finger in the tab to open and rip the entire box 😂 

Really surprised you haven't got them done yet Chris?! 

The tab worried me at first, total box destruction  :o but hey, it's a £13 kit :D  

I'm was saving the builds for a rainy day, been really hot the last 2 weeks and tomorrow the rains come 👍

Oh, I've ordered 2 more in the Speed Camps collection. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and Mclaren Senna.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coops said:

They are great @ChrisT 👍🏼

Love mine. Well love all my Lego 😁

Thank's @Coops  a lot has changed since I last built Lego over 33 yrs ago. It seems that the kits today have more specifically made parts for the model, although I have noticed a lot of parts in the kits I've built are shared throughout models.  However, it has certainly come a long way. I like it :D  

• Like 1

Yes Lego has very much changed. Like you I remember when the Lego sets you bought could build not only the Fire Station but also anything else your imagination could lead you to. (My Mum still has the Lego I played with as a kid) OK that is probably still the case today but the vast majority of sets now have very specific bricks making it slightly more difficult. But that has also meant the growth of MOCs, some of which are very impressive. 

Like the newer Speed Champions sets, the complexity increases all the time and the amount and type of innovative building techniques always amazes me. There's some building steps and parts on my Creator Ferrari and more recently Technic Land Rover that are really interesting to get to the desired result, of perhaps just a brick in a certain direction. 

Lego in our house has changed from toys and being played with to kits that are bought to build and display. Hope your collection grows as much as mine 👍🏼

• Like 1

Chevrolet all built up.

DSCF4403.jpg

DSCF4406.jpg

DSCF4413.jpg

Still waiting on the Mclaren :( Ordered last Sunday 31st and still no dispatch. Sent the seller a message today, got back to me saying it will be dispatched by tomorrow. Really wanted to get that out that way first before I start on the Technic kit.

• Like 3

Back to the Batmobile

17/24

The windscreen was bagged separately, I wonder if that's on the back of complaints about the windscreen on the mustang and bond car getting scratched. If so, it's good to know Lego listens to their fans.

IMG_20200607_154212.jpg

IMG_20200607_160657.jpg

• Like 1

Looking more like a Batmobile :thumbsup: I had a few windscreens  in the Speed Champs sets that were slightly scratched, not worth crying about for a £13 - £16 kit but understandable for the more expensive kits.