• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Floureon Lipo

jb51jal

Hi All, 

Seen some lipo's for sale. They're Floureon lipos has anyone used these before or know of them? 

I've never seen them before, but researched they're from an American company but thats it......

• 11 months later...

I currently use a 3s 5000mah floureon lipo and so far I am impressed with it (done 3 cycles with it so far) will need abit more time before im convinced it was a good purchase or not thou.

for now I would stick with hobbyking lipos unless you fancy chancing it (motto is buy cheap buy twise or more is usually true).

This sort of thing comes up from time to time. Chances are there will be nothing wrong with them in fact they are on my list when I need new. There are very limited manufacturers of lipos and may well be the same internally as say a zippy or turnigy, we mear mortals will never know. Worst case is they may be

B grade.

Just tried them. 

They are impressive for the money (apparently that discount is an amazon seller's trick (or play -shame on Amazon) to get the product up the listings - listed as

Edited by Zoea

HobbyKing lipos have a proven track record of being cheap, that's for sure, but they are also proven to be quite unreliable and prone to failure, hence why people buy loads of them and just ditch the dud packs. I can attest to that myself.

I went lipo shopping for some new ones recently and saw the Floureons, but I went with Dynamic lipos instead- very cheap and good specs, and from UK sellers too. I think it is rather wise to look for other options, especially when you consider the issues with shipping and import charges, total lack of a meaningful warranty and stock issues with HK lipos. More options = good.