• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2s2p

Speeeed

i have a mt maverick evo s, which runs on 2s lipo batteries, and i was wondering what the difference was between a 2s2p and a normal 2s, can i still use a 2s2p when my car runs on 2s??????

i want this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=29004

would it need charging differently?

Thanks!!

Speeeed

2S .... the S stands for Series.

2P ... the P stands for Parallel.

It's different ways of linking up cells in a battery.

A 5000Mah 2S battery is using 2 lots of 3.7V cells in series to give 7.4V. That's a basic 2S battery. Each cell is 5000Mah capacity

If you have a 5000Mah 2S2P cell, what they have done is to link together in parallel 2 3.7V 2500Mah cells to make a 5000Mah cell. They have then taken 2 of those in series to make a 5000Mah 2S 7.4 battery.

It allows them to link together lower capacity cells to make higher capacity ones. Both batteries kick out the same voltage. A plain 2S is simpler ( and I prefer them)

i have a mt maverick evo s, which runs on 2s lipo batteries, and i was wondering what the difference was between a 2s2p and a normal 2s, can i still use a 2s2p when my car runs on 2s??????

i want this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=29004

would it need charging differently?

Thanks!!

Speeeed

dont know what it means but u can use it ..and charge it the same.......I'm sure sum one will b along who knows....as above..lol!!!. Edited by evssv

So would a 2s2p be twice as likly to go bad if one cell goes out of balance. Damn if that's true cos im looking at a gens pack 2s2p but now im thinking a standard 2s would be the safer option. 

By the way gens ace have a 4000mah 25c 2s lipo for just