• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

I was thinking the one way bearing but then I opted for the starting axle and the hex shaft?.

C'mon put us out of our misery man lol.

I guess the one way bearing is a common issue then, my truck is only about 2 months old and i'm on my second bearing.

No worries mate, I was having a blonde moment....didn't see Morpets post after yours!.

I'm very new to all of this so I was eager to pick up the names of any suppliers etc.

lol

hey usually has most spares for the s50 dunno about the s28

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys I'm having big trouble with a brand new s50 mta4. I really need a accurate factory settings or "runnable" settings to get it going. out the box it was a bugger. optimax Rtr fuel and already replaced a glow plug. did 2 tanks on idle but as soon as I touched the throttle it died. got told by modelsport to lean the hsn by a tiny bit but then it died and refused to restart. put it back to "factory" which seems like a bad idea. will kick into life for a couple of sseconds then dies. don't wanna play to much just in case I break it so haven't touched it since. Please help guys. I'm based in cambrigeshire but if someone can help willing to travel a bit. And will sort you out a drink or whatever. just want my big boys toy going! thanks

Alex.

Hi all... after a few months away, a house move and working long hours i may in the next month or so be able to allow some time to get the s28 back up and running.

My engine had seized and was freed off however it is now grating and notching when turned over by the fly wheel. Because its also in bits im going to take this opportunity to completely sort it out and make it more reliable in the process..

Heres the plan..

New engine ( possibly s50 engine brand new). Strip and seal with hylomar sealent.

S50 gearbox

( what else do i need ? Diffs? Shafts? Hex changes? )

also... im wanting metal wheels as im sick of the metal hex nuts rounding the plastic wheels off. I have managed to sort this by using lockthread and two wheel nuts per wheel. But still a weak point ( where can you buy metal wheels?

Im going to take my time with it and really get it sorted. So when it goes out for the first time its just breaking in the new engine and tuning. Afterwards as always minor tuning tweaks and thats it..

i wont be running the mta4 for as long as i used to i.e being out all day with it, fixing and breaking stuff, just thinking of taking it out for half an hour or so after that it can just sit in the house lol. So.. what else do i need to conver the s28 into an s50?

Thanks

Rob

Anyone had to replace the clutch shoes, mine are well shot now and wondered if there is anything else to go in rather than aluminium ones ??

Dave

:thumbsup:

Edited by dalex