• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

Dam u red threadlock,I think I have tried everything and still can't budge these dam engine mount screws,not even a little,they r rock solid

i dont get that :shockingscary: in that case they just need to change the center gearbox and spur to upgrade engine :shockingscary:

You need a bit of 'give' in the drivetrain somewhere mate, as annoying as it is replacing a plastic gear cog, its more annoying when you gotta junk the whole drivetrain cos a stone or something flicked up and got jammed in between the clutchbell and spur gear (if its metal) and rips up the gearbox or your diffs... I wouldnt be a happy bunny!! ;)

The slipper clutch isn't for when a stone gets caught in between the spur, its to help ease the drivetrain slop when you blast full throttle and off and back on again and also when going over jumps.... Again, to protect the drivetrain.

Dam u red threadlock,I think I have tried everything and still can't budge these dam engine mount screws,not even a little,they r rock solid

You got them mount screws out yet or still scuffing your knuckles lol... Just thought maybe if you put an ordinary allen key on, then put a ring spanner over the top of it to try and give it a bit more leverage it might help it to crack loose..... Or give you more scuffed knuckles!!

Nope not yet,I will try today with normal Allen key and c if that's any better,they def must of had red threadlock on to withstand the heat I placed on them lol

Need help on hop up's for the s50 cannot find anyone selling ally shocks, ally shock towers, rpm knuckles.  Also are the Shock towers same front and back they are labelled as pd1515 and pd1516 but look exactly the same in manual.

Any companies you guys recommend here or overseas, anyone tried ASIATEES, they seem to have everything?

Morpet any chance you can PM your contact number had a look at few parts you have available.

Cheers

Edited by chirri999

Pm sent

Asiatees are good but you could get stung by customs I did cost me an extra

Edited by Morpet

Ok guys how do u put the engine on the mta4 s28 mount,i know its like any other where u got the 4 screws but they dont get tight in the mount,am i missing something

right,the pic showing the top view with engine sitting on mount with the 4 screws keeping it on the mount,im wondering if im missing something as these screws dont get tight

The 4 screws underneath screw straight in, if they don't you need a new mount as the threads have gone. The 4 bolts on the top that attach the engine to the mount require nuts that have to be squeezed through the slits in the mount. Its a bit fiddly but you'll get there. I'm assuming its an s28 btw

Edited by MrPug
  • Like 2

thats what im doing wrong,didnt realise it needed nuts squeezed through the gaps,the thought of this is putting me right off lol,must be small nuts i take it

RPM/80035 on ASIATEES website is available  for 1/8 MGT. 1/10 T-Maxx and E-Maxx, but doesn't say MTA/4, since the MGT is the same as MTA/4 S50 will this part be ok.  Does say over sized bearing, there is another hop up in anodised aluminium AGM1021b.

What to do??

Cheers

thats what im doing wrong,didnt realise it needed nuts squeezed through the gaps,the thought of this is putting me right off lol,must be small nuts i take it

ive got an old engine on a mount so ill take i pic for you tomorow of the nuts :thumbsup: sorry cani do it tonight

this is the mount itself underneath the chassis DSCF6079.jpg and heres the engine on the mount

DSCF6078.jpgDSCF6080.jpg

You really should clean you car lols

Did you realise there's a screw missing on your back. Plate and ones missing completely?

Edited by Morpet

Well that was her first outing with dual tanks, works a treat....got a good 35 minutes :yes:

Shock socks fitted.

Two shocks bust the tops off, found old alloy EB4 ones fitted a treat so I did all the front ones.

Cooling head came loose, only thing I did not threadlock, done now :yawn:

Snapped a pin through the hex, cut the head off a bolt and squeezed it in :)

Steering servo moved over to throttle/brake, throttle/brake is now steering the EB4.

Going for a Alturn high torque servo this week, was gonna use the one on the EB4 but that went tits up today....typical.

Bloody good fun though.

Dave

:thumbsup:

Edited by dalex
  • Like 1

Need help on hop up's for the s50 cannot find anyone selling ally shocks, ally shock towers, rpm knuckles.  Also are the Shock towers same front and back they are labelled as pd1515 and pd1516 but look exactly the same in manual.

Any companies you guys recommend here or overseas, anyone tried ASIATEES, they seem to have everything?

Morpet any chance you can PM your contact number had a look at few parts you have available.

Cheers

. http://www.ebay.com/itm/110936597503 Iv got these shocks and the not the best out there but lot better than stock ones. Plus cheap. Hope this helps