• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

a few videos all in one place

http://www.yourepeat.com/g/mta4

and some of the Monster GT... Team Associated, same truck: Watch at least the first minute. The jump at 38 seconds in is simply huge.

A few more videos from the same guy. All awesome. Helps to have a location like that one though!

Edited by jari
  • Like 1

Ok, so I've run a quart of vp racing 11% oil 25% nitro though it today, which BTW went in under an hour lol.

First off it's stupid hard to start due to having huge compression but once it's going for the first time it was okay.

I've replaced the RX with a spektrum sr300, using a hump pack and have replaced the terrible standard exhaust deflector with a better one which stops the rear of the car getting covered in ****e.

Thanks

BTW I doubt this will be faster than a well ''tuned'' 3 speed savage xl with an lrp engine but well see, can't complain as this barely cost more than an lrp zr.32...

So I just took it out for another run got through another 3/5th's of a quart, I leaned it up a little man does this thing rock the torque is silly it'll pop a wheelie from what seems like around 14,000-15,000 rpm.

Very cool, well happy thanks.

This thing drinks like it's from Ireland.

Edited by Baja 5b
  • Like 3

So I just took it out for another run got through about another 3/5th's of a quart, I leaned it up a little man does this thing rock the torque is silly it'll pap a wheelie from what seems like around 14,000-15,000 rpm.

Very cool, well happy thanks.

This thing drinks like it's from Ireland.

Glad you like it mate, I've got 2 tanks installed to help its thirst lol Edited by sean-vrs

Yeah I've got a twin tank kit on the way, which will be good. 

These are very good value I'd say.

The speed of it isn't ''unmatchable'', I'd say it's about the same as a savage x with a f4.6 engine however, the engine runs sooo well even which rich it'll wheely with no problem the savage will only wheelie when you get up into the high revs.

yea it's all low end and all the better for it I reckon with it being a heavy monster truck I like the lazy power.

No messing mate, I'm running my tanks in series.. Drains one then jumps over too the next :)

Yeah I've got a twin tank kit on the way, which will be good. 

These are very good value I'd say.

The speed of it isn't ''unmatchable'', I'd say it's about the same as a savage x with a f4.6 engine however, the engine runs sooo well even which rich it'll wheely with no problem the savage will only wheelie when you get up into the high revs.

i run a 4.6 x and that for me is spot on

Dam hard to fly too but then so are the real things as I found out lost weekend :)

Yeah I also like to run my tanks in series and just keep the engine temp around 80 degrees aof the first hour of run time then I lean it out and drive it relatively gently until I run out of fuel!

TBH I CBA with fuel economy. If it used loads of duel then so be it! It's not that expensive especially given how cheap it was in the first place, well at least when compared to all similar monster trucks

Thanks

• Like 1