• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cant believe some people.

danny boy

Bit of a rant thread sorry :( But this has really got to me. My dad owns a local business on his own and has kept it running for that last 10 years after it came close to closing down. Its a small independent shop that has no link to other businesses. Recently Timothy Spall visited the shop and the local paper decided to run a small online article on it in the hope that a well renowned actor still shopping at small businesses would give people the incentive to do the same rather than shop online. However some local opinionated child got wind of the story and decided to use social media create an online page to convince people to BOYCOTT my dads business and shop online because they are worried they may suffer the same "privacy infringement", because apparently they think that they are that important, and to my disbelief people are falling for it and liking/sharing the page. This has really annoyed me, cant believe that the story had this affect, just hope that no one really acts on it.

Rant over. 

I doubt it will have a real impact man sounds ridiculous facebook is full of dumb crap any real topics or debates get ignored and the stupid pics with wrighting get tons of likes and reposts. Check the guys page to see if he does it regularly I hate facebook anyway its a window into our lives people can snoop through I went to a job interview and the guy started talking about my Facebook later saw he'd liked pics of my mrs on her page. Out of order I think.  I dont update it now. 

I think the idiot thinks that if he shops in that shop what he buys will become common knowledge. There are a few problems with this.

1. He's not a celebrity

2. Most people don't care what the bloke bought anyway

3. The person who is trying to cause the problems probably has webbed hands, wears sensible shoes with tracksuit bottoms and keeps his mum under the bed on a trolley.

I wouldn't worry about it. Any publicity good or bad is still free publicity.

• Like 1

I think the idiot thinks that if he shops in that shop what he buys will become common knowledge. There are a few problems with this.

1. He's not a celebrity

2. Most people don't care what the bloke bought anyway

3. The person who is trying to cause the problems probably has webbed hands, wears sensible shoes with tracksuit bottoms and keeps his mum under the bed on a trolley.

I wouldn't worry about it. Any publicity good or bad is still free publicity.

Number 3.... Excellent

GOOD NEWS! I messaged the owner of the page about what he was he was doing how the in information he had was wrong. From the messages I got back I was very apparent that he seems to be an illiterate kid. But after I got a few friends to do the same he deleted the page! Not sure what they said but it worked. Thanks for the support guys. And yes that was the correct article Smackers. Surprised you found it, it took me a while. Just glad this is over. Not sure if it was the same people who commented on the article that made the page, but people round here sure do get angry about the smallest things :thumbsup: .

• Like 1