• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbywing Justock Has Slow Start Up?

lowen93

For my Mardave R12 I have fitted a Hobbywing Justock ESC, HPI 17.5 brushless and 4 cell Vapextech 5000mah battery. All are new, fully charged etc. Pictured below is the car:

20140309_101749.jpg

Plugged it all in and went to give it a try and found when accelerating it moves forward at an ok speed but only a certain percentage of full power, then after a second or so it suddenly allows you to accelerate at full power in a sudden burst whuch usually results in losing control. When it allows the full power the light shows to say it's on full throttle.

I thought it could have been the gearing but this is still the case when holding the car off the ground to remove load from the motor. I changed the settings around like the punch, throttle position and voltage cut off thinking it could be the voltage protection dropping too low etc, but have plugged charged 6 cells in as well.

Occassionally I can double tap the throttle to make it give full power almost instantly, if it has been to full power once and backed off but not gone to neutral it will allow full power instantly.

Is this normal for this ESC or is there a lack of compatibility somewhere? Any help much appreciated!

I would have said it was soft start kicking in but if it's dedicated car ESC it should haven't it. I tried a heli ESC in a plane and had the same problem with delayed throttle from 0%. Punch setting didn't sort it?

Sounds like it needs a recalibration or end points as has been suggested.

The punch is currently set to Level9 which is max but comes at 7 and had the same effect. It has been adjusted using the push button on the ESC not a program card. The delay is as it came out the box even though I've changed some settings.

Here's a video of what it is doing to help explain: http://youtu.be/75bR8wcasTw

When on the ground this delay is a few metres of distance and I run on small tracks so need that low down power.

I get full throttle travel as shown by the green light but my tourer that has a modelsport bl12 ESC that puts the light on instantly without a delay and i haven't seen any other cars do this so this has raised my uncertanty.

Is the throttle what is meant by the calibration or is there another calibration?

This is the motor as I'm not sure if it's sensored or not. http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/101733

I haven't read anything in the instructions about soft start being in it.

Hope this helps show the problem I have and thank you for the replies :)

Edited by lowen93

Seems silly now haha, plugged in the cable supplied with the motor and it flies along quite nicely as I had hoped for, should run well at tomorrow's racing. I think it was TheDarkKnight's tourer that made me go for a hobbywing ESC.

Thank you everyone! :)

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem 

17.5 motor 

Changed the sensor leads twice 

Tried another motor 

Lashed out and just bought another Justock but just the same. moved the end points up and down to no avail

plugged it into program box and it's running V1-509-no-timing only other version is for a crawler

Any help would appreciated please