• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Carisma Dakar 959

.AJ.

Running well.

How hot did it get on the grass?

Had you firmed up the preload for the tarmac running or was it rolling through hitting dips?

Looks like it's got some serious pace!

Al.

I never checked the temps on the grass, kinda pointless with all the wheel spin, on-road it just got warm, maybe 35-40 oC. The grip roll was because the tyres were digging in when going sideways, the ground was really soft.

Yep a phone and its set to auto, its got loads of shooting modes but I cant be bothered to try them out, the quality of the outdoors pictures is just nuts though, cant wait to get a S5 in a few months time :)

The fronts rims are 65 x 30 mm and the rears are 65 x 35 mm, the tyres are 85 x 35 and 85 x 40

Be interesting if any other tyres fit the rims, the tyres look pretty limited to dry conditions

Those are pretty close the the WR8 tires sizes which are (overall) 35mm x 80mm (wheel) 35mm x 56mm. You can probably get away with a few of the aftermarket off road tire sets made for it.

Here is an example- http://www.ebay.com/itm/261311517561 Its a knobby wheel/tire combo and they are 31mm x 83mm (A little narrow)

And these- http://www.ebay.com/itm/380702353206 (36mm x 80mm)

There are other sets out there but you will just have to dig a bit deeper. You might be able to find buggy wheels the right size but as far as I know most are made for 2.2" (56mm) diameter rims.