• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help needed connecting motor

Saabmania2

Hi,

Finally after waiting sooooo long for my brushless system to turn up I'm having problems connecting them together

this is the wires from the esc

IMG_0401_zps0bc4f916.jpg

and this is the motor

IMG_0403_zpsb520036e.jpg

but they don't seem to fit together, am I doing something wrong it does say to solder the connections but they just don't seem to fit together :blush:

It it a multiple motor fitting and I have to cut something off?? :helpsmilie:

Right all done and connected, just got a couple of issues I need to solve, the worst one is I've got full speed forward but no reverse at all  :confused: that's a major issue for me as I always need to reverse out of places  :doh: and my WIFI module isn't working yet but that can wait until later.

It could also be something to do with the setting on the Flysky GT3C I've installed at the same time and don't know what I'm doing with it yet :fish:

Hi.have a look at the esc manual.you've probably got it in race mode :-D

Good idea :thumbsup: I'll have a look in the morning if I get a chance, it might well be something like that

Cheers

Paul

Well from your pics it looks like you have the Speed Passion Reventon S or Reventon R esc and motor combo. :) Its a cracking system, especially at

Edited by Saabmania2

Right finally sorted out the issue with no reverse thanks to insanejim69 and NOFX :thumbsup: you was spot on, just got to get the gearing right now I've got an awful crunching noise when putting the power down, it's strange too as they are the same spur and pinion that was used on the car with the silver can and I've triple checked that the motor mount screw positions

Is the spur gear missing any teeth ?

no I've just spent the last 30 mins changing the spur 55t and pinion 25t (and screws are at position A) to brand new ones and it's still the same :helpsmilie: it runs silently with the old silver can motor and also take the motor out of the equation the rest sounds really smooth put the brushless back in and it sounds like a bag of nuts and bolts by the way this is in a old TT01 If that makes a differance

Right a small update,

i've taken the brushless can out screws are in position A on motor mount re-checked the spur and pinion sizes 55T and 25T as said before

so replaced the brushless motor with the silver can and same pinion & spur gears as above motor mounts screws in position A and it dead quiet so gears are meshing correctly, also the brushless motor seems quiet at faster speed, but when you stop and go again it's sounds like it's crunching gears

I'm starting to think it's something wrong with the motor but that's quiet when you run it not connected to anything :banghead: :banghead: :crying:

this has got me totally confused, I work with bearings and transmission products all day albeit industrial one's but the principal is the same

Edited by Saabmania2

Totally normal bud, mines is exactly the same. Its just the cogging effect of this specific type of brushless motor.

I thought the same as you when I purchased mines, sent speedpassion an email with a clip of the noise too, and they confirmed that the noise is perfectly normal. When running you don't hear anything like that.

James

:)

Cheers James :thumbsup:

that's put my mind a rest a little :yes:

I'll see how it goes for a little while it's just disconcerting when you put the power down you get the crunching but disappears when it starts running forward, also it doesn't seem instant it seems to hesitate and very twitchy atm (almost like interference) so I'm going to have to play with the settings me thinks.

Cheers

Paul

It normal in many brushless motors

A lot of it is bad but alittle is fine

You can reduce the effect by either fitting a smaller pinion gear or setting the punch on the esc higher

Higher punch makes more heat though, which is bad, so try to keep it on the low side

Check your motor mount screws. I had some that were a touch too long and as the motor span the rotor would just kiss the ends of the screws, caused a right noise and I felt like a total prat when I realised what it was.

Ok thanks for the advise, I will try resetting the punch on the esc and maybe get some more spur/pinion combinations so I can try them, and thanks tonysmini I will double check the screws although that was one of the first things I thought of when I started looking it won't hut to check again :thumbsup: he

at least I know it's not something terminal :fish:  It's been a bit of a steep learning curve the last couple of days :insane:

It normal in many brushless motors

A lot of it is bad but alittle is fine

You can reduce the effect by either fitting a smaller pinion gear or setting the punch on the esc higher

Higher punch makes more heat though, which is bad, so try to keep it on the low side

right had a look at the settings on the esc and couldn't see anything relating to punch, but i've adjusted a few things and it's a little better

is there any other motors out there that anyone could recommend that are a lot smoother?  I was planning on putting this in my Spec r1r build but I don't think I will now