• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MSUK lifestyle change thread (ok, diet thread)

Bigjimknickers

I'm doing well imho and am dropping around 2lb a week now, I'm just a shade under 13 and a half stone now and would like to hit 13 and then stay there if possible.

Got my new road bike 2 weeks ago s that has been helpful as the house is a right state due to decorating etc so I can use the cross trainer.

If any of you are cycling on a regular basis I can highly recommend the map my ride app as a motivational and informative tool to help you get the most out of your rides and its a lot cheaper than a garmin edge..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Whacked in a another 30 miles today, trying now to do 100 + per week..

• Like 1

Managed to knock another 5lb off since last weigh in myself (around six weeks ago) not much but it has been Easter and the kids needed help with there eggs and I've been lazy :) my target weight is 13st ....thirteen more pounds and I'll be there 33 pounds lost upto now started this July 2013 and gave myself a yearso shouldn't be far off target if I get my lazy ass to the gym more often .

• Like 1

Managed to knock another 5lb off since last weigh in myself (around six weeks ago) not much but it has been Easter and the kids needed help with there eggs and I've been lazy :) my target weight is 13st ....thirteen more pounds and I'll be there 33 pounds lost upto now started this July 2013 and gave myself a yearso shouldn't be far off target if I get my lazy ass to the gym more often .

good work fella, keep at it!

Ride for life today in Thetford forest :) bit chilly and damp but hey its for the children ;)

• 2 months later...

Right, I've been putting this off for too long now, so last week I think I've finally got something that suits me. It was recommended by my GP last year & I've had the book for over a year.

It's the 5:2 lifestyle change book (I can't diet, so that word is moot to me) by dr Michael Mosley.

Now it's very simple so I started last Tuesday, basically you choose two days to fast & then eat normally for the rest of the 5, I chose Tuesdays & Thursdays the days that you fast you only have water & 600 calories.

So I have nothing to lose, aside from weight!

My start weight last Tuesday was 17st 12lbs I'm not expecting it to be fast, but i hope It's steady 1-2lbs a week will suit me as so far it's been easy compared to the shake diets I usually punish myself with.

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing this for 4 weeks now.

start weight 17st 12lbs

yesterday;

17st 7lbs, :thumbsup:

pretty easy to stick too to, ive fasted on Tuesday & Thursday & kept under my 600 cal for these days with plenty of water.

I hope ive finally found something that works & is sustainable.

Well, I read the book by DR Michael Moseley, and its pretty interesting stuff, the extra benefits besides weight loss, lower blood sugar levels, Lower IG something levels,

What I've been doing is having a latte in the morning & a bowl of Alpen in the evening, this is around 500 cals, I've stuck to it religiously in the hope it'll work.

My other 1/2 is doing slimming world. No fasting and she eats more than me. She's lost 2 stone since March and is literally eating to make herself thin. I'm amazed at how good it is. Good luck with your plan. I know it's hard but you will get there :)

wow, very little to get you through the day...

hmmm, wotsits are 99 calories a bag, so six of those would be great  :whistling:

Yep, its tough, but what I rememember is tomorrow I can eat.. Plus lots of water fills you up.

Funny, even after just one day food tastes so much better.

This way it'll be nigh on a year to get to 13st 7lbs but its something doable, it doesn't feel like a diet as I go back to normal on my eating days.

Is anyone eating/not eating at certain times?

I've found eating between 6-9am for breakfast will last me a few hours then have some fruit whenever you feel hungry after that.

Medium'ish size lunch about 1pm and another snack after that whenever you feel hungry

No eating after 5-6pm - Or if you really cannot hold yourself,have something light again..

I've tried this for a few days and it's difficult to do the first 3 days but your body adjusts.Repeat the same process for a couple of weeks and i actually find a few pounds coming off :)

Weekly weigh in, still fasting on Tuesday & Thursday 600 cals.

Start weight 17st 12lbs.

Today. 17st 4lbs.

Pretty pleased so far. I'm actually amazed it works, I still eat as I normally would for the 5 days, I dont hold back, tonight will be beers & curry.

That's key IMO. Diets fail when you make yourself miserable & deprived.

some good tips on here as I need to lose a few stones.... but it is hard work turning food down as I live for food at times lol so to speak.

plus I eat after 9pm  so I need to pull my finger out & read up on some of these weight loss tips.

the 2 day fasting one sounds like it is hard but I might give that one a go first.

I way a good 16 stone but I would like to be 14.5 or so stone, I do pc support so most of the time if most a lot of the time I am on my ass sitting down so i am not physically active these days to keep the weight down.

p,s do we loss weight the more we type on keyboards ;) & if not why not.

Edited by subaru-swift

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

I am reading about it all ready, so far it sounds like I will be trying this one very very soon.

also I go away on the 16th so I wonder if I can loss some weight before then :).

thanks

ha-ha

I have been chatting to the better half & she says we WILL pick 2 days to 'fast, so fingers crossed I will loss some weight soon.

Weekly weigh in:

Start weight: 17st 12lbs

Now: 17st 3lbs.

Bit disappointed this week with a small loss & pretty hungry on Tuesday, Thursday I was ok, but I got into my 38 snickers work trousers which come up pretty small for a 38!

I'll be continuing this anyway..