• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

Nah, not going up to excessive voltages.

This morning I've tightened up the servo-saver, I'd noticed the wheels weren't turning fully under power or braking. This might be why the turning circle was so big. I'll monitor it on the next testing session.

Steering still an issue. Have ordered replacement gear set for a knackered 1256 I've got sat here. Once that's fixed and installed, I'll let you all know if it's helped.

Forget running these on road, that's rubbish.

Take em off road and they start to shine!

Needs a decent servo, but for actual driving, they're great. Hugs the ground nicely, no grip-roll to speak of.

Speed on 5s is just right, not bonkers, but a fine spectacle to watch.

I think I've found my latest keeper! :)

Forget running these on road, that's rubbish.

Take em off road and they start to shine!

Needs a decent servo, but for actual driving, they're great. Hugs the ground nicely, no grip-roll to speak of.

Speed on 5s is just right, not bonkers, but a fine spectacle to watch.

I think I've found my latest keeper! :)

Jang on ultimate rc did rant about the tyres being not up to Tarmac he put some truggy wheels on her and she looked smooth round the track and off road. Looking for some gravel areas and next time down the canber sands taking her for some dune action and the slash just waiting too get the lipo I need.

O

Yeah, the stock rears are appalling, today I had a set of Badlands on the rear with stock fronts. That combo was perfectly OK, but something knobbly at the front would definitely help. I might get a pair of 1/8th buggy fronts, but it's the servo that needs addressing first.

Got my badlands not putting them on yet just getting used to the size and the feel of it first. Only having 4x4 before it's a new experience and it's only on 3s.

This car was on my shortlist when I bought my first car it was the scorpion , Vorza or the slash ultimate the reviews on the slash and the beating it could take swung it as it also came with charger and lipo. But the look of the scorpion was great for me it reminded me of the cars I saw in the 80s and when I could have one new for half the price could not resist.

Was saving for a ken block wr8 but maybe Christmas really want a rally car.

Running on Tarmac is fine for road cars and speed runs but the scorpion for buggy has great ground clearance and is so big off road is best like you said. Really hard to find large car parks that are empty round my way unless I go blue water at silly o'clock .

Might invest in some road rage in future like I said fitted wing and t bone bumper was naughty yesterday ordered the light kit from eBay fit for some night time bashing. Saw them on you tube and gave in to temptation ......... Got to get to the postman next couple of days don't want the missius to find out ;)

Had a test run this afternoon, the 1256 is performing perfectly.

5s is a nice amount of power, suits this car nicely. I will try 6s, just not gotten around to it yet. Despite upping the voltage and the gearing, the motor is still staying cool, summer may prove different.

She had some proper air-time tonight, not massive, but big enough. She jumps well, not as nose heavy as Jang suggested.

She also survived a couple of nasty spills. The biggest was an arse-end landing from about four feet, sideways too! This resulted in a spectacular cartwheel in to a tree! Nothing broke!

Both rear wheel nuts came loose, annoying, but no biggie. Threadlocked on now.

She's a handful off the line, so I've broken a rule of my own and actually applied some launch control. I'll test that out next chance I get, but as I'm working all weekend, it'll have to wait a few days.

Really enjoying this ride!

Until next time, Latazz.

• Like 1