• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

1717 would be too much for it.... I do have one lying about tho, and temptation can be a cruel mistress...

3m and the 2350kv from the S5 is my install, as I have them here....just picked up a brand new 6s pack for a tenner, would be foolish not to at least try.... If too much, then I will buy some 2s to match to 3s and run 5.

Hoping to crack on with the build this week...weather seems to be improving a little...

If I did go 6s what would you recommend for a great esc that would plonk right into the scorpion.

Dunno yet, probably the Xerun 150 Amp ESC. I haven't measured anything yet, so that's unconfirmed. 6s is gonna be mental, 5s is probably a safe bet, but that's also unconfirmed. ;)

Had a good run tonight, albeit just a flat car park. The Scorpion is a doddle to drive, but has just a bit too much understeer.

LVC cut in nicely, which was a surprise given that it's a HW!

Not enough grunt, acceleration might just be a punch setting, will look at that tomorrow.

Top speed is reasonable, but I want a touch more. Will try timing settings first. Plus a pinion change. Failing that, I'll have to go for a different esc that gives me 5 and 6s capability.

Latazz! ;)

Punch has been ramped up to max.

Timing has been ramped up to max.

It'll be interesting to see if the timing change has actually increased top speed? I'll GPS it ASAP.

Right, having upped the punch from 5 to 9, she now wheelies! I'm pleased as punch! ;)

I also upped the timing from 15 degrees to the max of 26 degrees. She topped out at a respectable 35. However, Jang scored 38 mph with his, I'll drop the timing back to stock and see if the motor is happier there. The motor didn't get above 28 Celsius, so that's not an issue.

On the subject of motor temps, as the speed is a bit low and the temps well inside the comfort zone, tonight I'm going to look through my pinions and see what I've got. The stock is a 14 tooth, ideally I want a 16, then I'll GPS her again and see how she goes.

Stay tuned!

well although i am mightly impressed with mine on 4s, its just not giving me the grin factor i was hoping for......

so now sadly up for sale or swap for a 4wd basher.

ill probably miss it but its too big a chunk of rc money to have just sat there.....

well although i am mightly impressed with mine on 4s, its just not giving me the grin factor i was hoping for......

so now sadly up for sale or swap for a 4wd basher.

ill probably miss it but its too big a chunk of rc money to have just sat there.....

Yeah, I'd noticed you were selling yours. A shame, but if it ain't doing it for ya.......

The big question is what footwear? Damn this 1/7 malarkey!

Testing will continue this very morning. I shall continue with stock gearing and play with the timing again. Then I'm off to see Mayoor for some more pinions. I've got a 15 and an 18 tooth, I don't think the 15 will be worth the effort as it's only one more tooth than stock. I think a four tooth climb using the 18 will be a bit much, so I'll pick up 16 and 17. My money is on the 17, I'll let you know how it goes.

Rears I'm happy with, Truggy is a slightly closer match. MT is OK too, just slightly larger than stock. The Badlands are a touch bigger than stock, but close enough.

With the Badlands, I'll have to watch the gearing, I don't want to overcook it. Probably go with the 16 tooth for them.

The b-xxl will look nicely aggressive with badlands...if it has lugs, I like to run it lol!

Set to be a dry weekend....have we turned a corner now?? Has the 2014 season started????

Lugs or legs? ;)

As I said, just ramping the punch up to max has been a game changer! Suddenly she's a slightly different animal, popping wheelies! The smile got a whole lot wider when that happened!

I'm trying to see if I can tweak her up on 4s so that I can run the stock ESC. If I fail, it'll be an ESC change fo sho! I've got a spare here, but I'll not look to go 6s, that'd be too much.

Weather's improving, finger's crossed for some bashing weather!