• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 .28 Pullstarter

Sneakze

Got my Hyper 7 .28 the other day and last night got the chance to run 1 tank through it which seemed to be fine, with no problems at all. However this morning i've gone to finish breaking-in the engine and

the pullstarter literally came straight out when attempting to prime the engine. It had no resistance whatsoever and the end of it seems to be hard as if it had melted. Could this have melted from the engine overheating? as it wasn't near the exhaust during the run and the length of the cord is about 6mm from where its snapped. I purchased this from a model shop and the guy has been very helpful, however he said not to touch the engine needles until you've run it in with the engine running rich at factory settings. I'll have to run it in tomorrow but just wanted to see what could be the cause?

Edited by Sneakze

Same car same issue broke mine not long after having it, snapped the spring replaced the unit with a new one and have since repaired the broken one and keep it as a spare until next time.

being a little too eager can be the cause of many broken pull starts so im told, that said having replaced and repaired one already i do tend to be more careful with them now :)

Fitted the new pullstater and works a treat. Just wanted to see if anyone could give a brief explanation about setting the trim settings up etc? at the moment when starting the car it likes to accelerate by itself, full pelt lol.

Edited by Sneakze

I'll give this a check. Hopefully the weather picks up over the weekend so i can break the engine in :)

It's great fun when you get it going. Check your idle gap is set to 1mm-1.5mm and it shouldn't then try and run away. It will idle badly whilst your running it in so don't worry too much just try and keep it running.