• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is this right

entgotaclue

I have charged two 6v 1600mah hump pack batteries, both showing 7.24 volts after charging, but 9 hours later only show 6.90 and the other 6.82 volts after not being connected to anything. One is a brand new Battery too.

Bit worried as had a run away yesterday (lucky only on very little throttle) and losing faith in these hump batteries.

Can anyone shed some light please?

Cheers egac.

Cheers , so what would it read to then need recharging and what amp to charge it on for a longer  battery life, 0.5 - 5amp ??

Failsafe im lead to believe is only for when the Tx loses signal with the Rx, I know about springs that pull the throttle closed but cant see one being strong enough though or too strong for the servo to operate the throttle.

egac

NiMh will self discharge. There are NiMh's out there which are LSD (Low Self Discharge). These tend to have slightly lower capacity.

You'll find them commonly in AA size such as Sanyo's Eneloops. These LSD cells will retain 70% of their charge after 3 years stand-by. Whereas a regular non-LSD NiMh would likely completely self discharge in about a week.

• Like 1

yea but the rx is rated at about 6V so when the battery goes down to about 6V the Rx should kill the throttle 

Yeah but surely once battery gets to around 6v there wont be enough power to the servo to kill the throttle? or do the servos require a bit less power?

Im under the impression that people use hump packs as they give tell tell signs that there wearing down (sluggish steering, throttle control) were the 4xAA's don't.

I have a failsafe built in on mine and works perfectly if I turn the Tx off ( brakes applied).

so what we are saying here is when the battery shows 6.1v its time to recharge it ?

cheers egac