• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Atomic AMZ 4wd 1:28 mini Z Killer

PurcyP

shop around get mini z's cheap! oh an the mr03s uses our moto racer tx :good: hence why cheaper then asf mr03, awd..

Hmm, wasn't aware of that.

Good info my good man ;)

Silly question but what do the gyro controls do?

Does the kt19 work with any others?

Edited by Syncro

Well that's sneaky! You don't appear to be able get an mr03s in anything other than a 'ready set'.

no one at club's attend has 03s so unsure what gyro knobs do too car but would think do steering / thottle trim an maybe steering exp?  just 2 models in range currently operate with kt19 moto racer & mr03s, give it few months might be able to get chassis only.

• 1 month later...

no one at club's attend has 03s so unsure what gyro knobs do too car but would think do steering / thottle trim an maybe steering exp?  just 2 models in range currently operate with kt19 moto racer & mr03s, give it few months might be able to get chassis only.

The gyro function on the tx does nothing on these cars. Just be aware if you buy the sports mr03 readyset it will NOT work with any asf mini-z. (basically any other 2.4ghz mini-z)

The gyro function on the tx does nothing on these cars. Just be aware if you buy the sports mr03 readyset it will NOT work with any asf mini-z. (basically any other 2.4ghz mini-z)

I know there's no gyro but the knobs do function on car as can control lighting kit with it

Edited by R46

• 1 month later...

i brought this little wonder from purcy :thumbsup: an been tweeking it..

i reverted it back to racing
solid front diff
ball diff rear
stock the wheels where narrow allround unsure if thats an awd thing but i've gone 2wd set up
narrow front
wide rear
has had few teething issues that i'm sorting / sorted :hahadance:

some goodies got in

DSC04839_zpsa1afefa3.jpg

DSC04838_zpsb3e0fe2f.jpg

DSC04841_zps84e90d82.jpg

then tried some paint on body

DSC04855_zpsa0c129f2.jpg

had issue with body popping off with the slightest tap so configured chassis to 98mm an added hop ups

alloy motor mount
adjustable linkage rod
alloy servo retainer clip

alloy 98mm adaptor + shaft
+2 & +3 offset wheels

DSC04860_zpsdc1b73e2.jpg

DSC04861_zpsf1fdd9a7.jpg

DSC04864_zpsad85735d.jpg

Went club(merton) mostly ran amz as my z's where playing up for some reason, so got some hours in with car smile.gif had few teething problems main one was the centre shaft bearing retainer cover on both diffs kept coming off/undone, seems the screws used for cover are too short so strips thread after awhile my fix was to use a slightly longer screws. Then notice steering had rough action to it when had servo linkage rod was off, found the lower link rod was rubbing chassis due to the plastic spacers used tat to tall (had too run day as is as had nothing with me to use) now home fix done smile.gif with a nut instead.
issue:
DSC04863_zps3b39a1f7.jpg
my fix:
DSC04862_zpsc76668eb.jpg

Edited by R46

body using Renualt megane trophy 2010

Just slapped some colour on quick job rolleyes.gif
DSC04877_zps6c3a98be.jpg

DSC04874_zps775a2241.jpg

DSC04873_zps46f8325e.jpg

DSC04876_zpscd7f783e.jpg

Edited by R46
  • Like 1

Wasn't happy with stock radio due to lack of adjustablity so in process of swap over to gt3c

fired up soldering iron earlier an started on tx/rx beta swap over wink.gif

DSC04900_zpsa0c32f57.jpg

DSC04891_zps21a7a398.jpg

DSC04893_zpsbea416cc.jpg

rx prep
DSC04892_zpsd8ff4c56.jpg

Done some trimming to casing so rx could be mounted in front (unfinished) need more heatshrink so can tidy rx pins, awaiting servo lead an other goodies to aid my quest for a dialed in ride smile.gif

DSC04899_zps554398e1.jpg

was in soldering mood an found piece of small heatshrink smile.gif so got on with what could till parts arrive. Used some shoe goo on rx board to retain it on lower casing an velco, hardwired esc to rx wink.gif

DSC04902_zpsfd7e2ed9.jpg

then onto motor wires 20awg installed

DSC04903_zps24e087af.jpg

DSC04904_zps6424bbf8.jpg

DSC04906_zps731e1cba.jpg

clear away from body
DSC04909_zps0bbee5c1.jpg

• Like 1