• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scrumpy's madforce brushless conversion

scrumpy jack

Thanks, hopfully will get some video of it running tomorrow if the weather is dry. To be fair my main man Barnerbasher should take credit for the truck, as he has been guiding me on the build. I have just been drilling holes and screwing it all together!

Thanks, hopfully will get some video of it running tomorrow if the weather is dry. To be fair my main man Barnerbasher should take credit for the truck, as he has been guiding me on the build. I have just been drilling holes and screwing it all together!

Much respect to your main man he's taught you well young jedi

Battery tray arrived courtesy of the honourable BB  :thumbsup:  I see what your getting at by using a piece of plastic over the top to mount the ESC...however..I'm thinking more along these lines (esc is mounted on a piece of foam) Thinking about weight distribution, so if I have the battery up front and a little to the side it should offset the weight of the motor and I can get close to 50/50 a weight distribution for awesome jumping ability?!  Yes/no?

SAM_5365_zps0e3df2e2.jpg

Dear me....have you learnt nothing ;)

this is a Madforce! You are actually trying to make it STABLE ....  These things are only stable when locked in a cupboard!

Ha Ha!! yeah, best I probably mount the battery on the roof of the shell then  :xd:

Wow that was 2nd class ...posted yesterday at 5.20pm !

they jump really well....the wheel size enables you to use the throttle to control the pitch..

whack it on the motor plate bud...lots of m3 bolts with washers to stop the tray pulling through

slice that batt tray along the length dude... then bolt the two halves down slightly wider apart....you'll then be able to fit 2x2s hard case lipos side by side...under and over tends to be a pita...as they slide around...

Just took it over the park with the battery zip tied in  :sweeeet: Absolutely brilliantly mental!!! I'm still laughing my arse off!!! for a first test, I would say it's a big success...very quick and wheelies on a touch of the throttle- controllable though. defiantly need to sort some diff oils though as the front tyres were ballooning like hell :xd: I'm seriously reconsidering buying 4 's lipo's as it was way faster and more powerful than when it was nitro, even on the 3's 30c 2200mah battery I used to test it.. may have somewhat reduced the life of that battery somewhat, it's puffed a little..he he! was using the 15 tooth pinion and motor was stone cold after a few runs, so I could probably go up a few teeth I think, will wait till I get my proper battery's and then see how it goes. Bonkers, love it!!!  I did see the look on a few peoples faces in the park when I gave it the beans..priceless  :sweeeet: forgot to take the camera for a vid, will be going back in a few minutes and will try to get some footage.

I want one of them now (dummy has just hit the wall) :gun2:

Has kyosho stopped making the kruiser ve ? Just i noticed modelsport no longer stock them which is a shame.

Anyway sounds like you had a good test run looking forward to the footage .

• Like 1

The wheelie bar worked like a dream as well! So much easier than nitro, charge up TX and lipo, switch on and away you go...lovely. Think i'm a brushless convert. I do miss the noise and smell of a nitro though, but at the moment this leccy lark is far more convenient for me...I'm already planning my next brushless project :whistling:   

I want one of them now (dummy has just hit the wall) :gun2:

Has kyosho stopped making the kruiser ve ? Just i noticed modelsport no longer stock them which is a shame.

Anyway sounds like you had a good test run looking forward to the footage .

I don't think Kyosho they have stopped making them, I would think they are a very low volume seller (compared to say hyper 7's) so modelsport probably have stopped stocking them for that reason.  I did see a few VE rollers going on ebay a few weeks ago for

Just had a good look over the truck to see if anything has come loose or gone astray.. nope all is solid as hell still, what's going on?! normally a first run of a car I've built would be either in pieces or in flames by now!!

The wheelie bar worked like a dream as well! So much easier than nitro, charge up TX and lipo, switch on and away you go...lovely. Think i'm a brushless convert. I do miss the noise and smell of a nitro though, but at the moment this leccy lark is far more convenient for me...I'm already planning my next brushless project :whistling:   

I certainly hope you made " WHEMMM WHEMMM BRRRR NEEEEEER" noises to compensate !

Told you....best fun RC ever !

I don't think Kyosho they have stopped making them, I would think they are a very low volume seller (compared to say hyper 7's) so modelsport probably have stopped stocking them for that reason.  I did see a few VE rollers going on ebay a few weeks ago for

Quick question, I am buying some 4s 8000mah lipos in a few days. Whats the best budget lipo charger at the moment..I want to order tomorrow and i want power supply included and from uk as hoping to get it by end of week. Been looking at the b6 ac version for about 20 quid off ebay.

nice got conversion done!

a charger thats covers 8 amp an at least 100w, the b6 is weak @ 5a max / 50w = 4s takes an age be over 2+hrs charge

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/169341/gt-a-6-10-200w-balance-charger-discharger

psu(could convert a pc psu cheaper)

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-energy-station-power-supply-25a-350w-dual-output/rc-car-products/375642

Edited by R46

Thanks for the links, I just cannot afford that charger at the moment..if it came with a power supply I would stretch to that sort of money. I know charging up 8000mah is going to take a while at 5A, but I think I can live with that for The time being.

bit of a threadjack scrumps...but it can also serve to get the other guys watching your project even more keen to join our club..

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/187274-8th-or-9th-feb-folksby-popular-demanda-baaashh/page-11

1.58 -3mins is Truckenstien showing off like a puppy !! filmed on sunday...

So got some lipo's, and there MAHOOSIVE!! wasn't expecting them to be quite so large, think the truck will have run times of about 2 weeks on them...If I can get a connector on. Here's the problem...I need to thread the housing over the lead before soldering the bullet end to it- then obviously pull the housing down and click in the bullet. Only the insulation is so thick the connector wont pull over it, well can get a bit through, then it hits the little 'ledge' where the bullet clicks into place.

SAM_5374_zpscb685750.jpg

SAM_5375_zps20f650e2.jpg

cut the insulation back further bud. what connectors ? are they 8000 2s ? if they are...yes you have a problem !

EC5 connectors and the Batteries are 8000 4's  :eek:

I've got those, great cells, but you should have gone for 5.5mm bullets instead. ;)

Ah..bugger.