• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

VRC clone side pipe?

Trip...

Was wondering what you meant by the Pogo sticks for a while!!

Roughly the same spec as my Jugg 2 - check out Some of my Friends in the General section.

I run an EVX-2 and 2x Kershaw brushed 550 motors - no problem.

Al.

Not a fan of the Dom pipe, be it clone or otherwise. The tone is numb and bland. Hurts my ears.

I had a dom on the back of my FG M/T, I hated it, I called it a hillbilly pipe and replaced it with a proper JetPro.

The dom is just loud and dulls out the 2-stroke ping/pop sound and makes it sound like a fart can on a Volvo estate. It just sounds wrong in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I love loud. 12cyl Lambo through a tunnel, oh hell yeah! A 93 Honda Civic with a dust bin sized fart can, no! Hell No!

• Like 1

The clone isn't actually too bad... My favourite so far has been the Uber Pred on the Baja and Bartolone XP big bore for the 5ive.... Only had a stock can on the Punisher and the Marder, so can't comment on tuned pipes for those.

I think in a month or so I'll be buying a better engine and that clone side pipe.

It'll either be the RCMK at

if I could find a pipe with more power than the cpi big bore to run on my obr methanol engine.

the problem there is they are all side pipes, which have no hope of getting fitted to my Baja, ever.

That's pretty much your only option for getting the most out of your engine.

I'm not overly keen on them, especially chrome, I prefer raw, but I do want the most out of my engine, not bothered too much what it looks like :lol:

The 5.5 30 Prostock is what I have. Once I get all my spares in the post I'll also do a review of the OBR and compare the Thor (cpi clone pipe) and the VRC clone pipe to see which I and the Prostock like better.

I took the head off my OBR Prostock and I didn't really see much done to the ports at all. I can see where they worked on the exhaust a little bit, but all the ports look pretty much standard but with a light scuffing for fuel atomisation. But for the $240 I spent on it with the billet case I think it was a steal. Definitly couldn't find a better bang for the buck, so to speak.

If one doesn't like the chrome on the clone pipes, scrub it off with a wire wheel in a bench grinder and paint it black, or go with the raw look if that's what you like. Just remember to oil your pipe or it will rust lol.

I must viste more with u all nice people chatti ng about me lol

.. hows things guys...

U are right the prostock are best bang for buck in there price range ... wait till u jump up to a full mod or a 38/40 cc longrod ...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk