• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Km baja shocks , replace or rebuild ?

snapon

My km baja shocks seem pants and im sure ive read that most are not filled correctly from new ? Is it worth replacing or just checking/replacing the oil and maybe springs ? The rear just dont bounce back , fronts seem ok . If replacing oil can anyone recommend which oil to use front and rear and where to purchase ? Same goes for springs , cheers

30w up front and 5wt in the rear. 45w would be like a pogo stick and wouldn't comprress. Use fork oil, not silicone oil. I have no idea why to use fork oil, but that's what HPI recommends.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-Baja-Shock-Oil-5wt-100ml-HPZ141-/281229275562?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item417a9231aa

Edited by Trip...

Silicone oil eats at the seals hpi use

I had 40 rear and 5 front at one point which actually worked fairly well until I started doing large jumps, then it broke the shock pistion in half

I now run 30 front and 10 rear which does much better but has a habit of scrapping the ground when the going gets rough

When I next come to shock inspection, a job I hate with a passion, I'll be filling it with 35 front and 25 rear which shoul be enough for my normal running needs