• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 TQ2

Jimboy2

I am looking on ebay now but can't find much at the moment. It's left 7 fins. Would you recommend not using at the min? The outside temp is cool enough? Or will it not allow engine too cool enough not being full height.

i would like to see pics of this damage :o

still too early to be tuning it at 7 tanks

All I have done it lean the high speed about 1/2 turn in total to allow it to get to full throttle. Before it sounded like it wanted to cut out when ever I did. I will be setting back to factory for next outing any way

All I have done it lean the high speed about 1/2 turn in total to allow it to get to full throttle. Before it sounded like it wanted to cut out when ever I did. I will be setting back to factory for next outing any way

no dont bother ...that should be fine as long as it is still rich and running well enough to continue breaking in ... you don't need to re-set to factory again

no dont bother ...that should be fine as long as it is still rich and running well enough to continue breaking in ... you don't need to re-set to factory again

I believe it's running rich still. Plenty of smoke coming out all through throttle range. I'm using Byron's

image_zps1fe5bd77.jpg

That's a very clean amputation of fins, I would not run it without a whole cooling head.

Reference cooling head just depends if you want a pucker one or copy/clone purple one.

Yeah I was surprised it came off so cleanly. Was no bends in it or anything.

I'm not really bothered what head I have as long as it fits as it should. What other ones will fit? A new one from modelsport is

The cooling head is a separate piece to the button...the button is what the glow plug screws into. Undo the four screws holding the (remainder) of the head on and you will see.

Here are a couple of pics to show the .21 head and .28 head.....they are both the same other than the etching on top.

DSC00880_zpsb21942c1.jpg

DSC00881_zpsc1f4e544.jpg

The four screws hold the head and the button to the engine casing. Once you remove the four screws the head will be loose but you may have to tug the button to release it....In your case you can leave the button as is and just pop a new head on.

Hi all.

Another question for you all if you don't mind

Servos.

How do I get the throttle servo to its zero position. With the tx I can't see where the trim is set. How do I reset this. At a guess every time I switch it all on it goes to what it was set too last?

So if I remove servo arm I may put it back in wrong place.

So how do I get them set to how they were from factory with zero trim.

Also car is all back together now ready for the weekend!

I am not familiar with the TX you have but you say there is no zero setting for the trim?

What you could do is remove the linkage and turn the Tx+Rx on...advance trim all the way and note position of arm (bit of tape to mark point), then retard all the way and mark....middle point between the two marks is the zero point....

I am not familiar with the TX you have but you say there is no zero setting for the trim?

What you could do is remove the linkage and turn the Tx+Rx on...advance trim all the way and note position of arm (bit of tape to mark point), then retard all the way and mark....middle point between the two marks is the zero point....

To be honest as I was writing it I realised how easy it is to work out. I think my tx pauses at zero and then carries on apparently so will try that a bit late

your tx will show a green light once trim is set at zero.... so remove the servo arm.... re-set trim to zero therabouts....using the trim button on tx you will go past green either side of that its red...hard to explain but im sure you'll get it...not that hard in reality. re-attach servo arm...and bob's your uncle! (assuming your using the stock TX that came with the car from new)

(it does kinda pause if i can remember correctly)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Funny old thing these nitro cars ain't they! Just was t to get through 1st couple of tanks and then can breath a bit. When you hear it idling away nicely and then for no reason just start revving up its a scary thing ha

Ive had my hyper 7 tq2 for a couple of weeks and i know what you mean; I used to jump out my skin when it suddenly revved lol