• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 TQ2

Jimboy2

So the difference in pull start tension

When plug out its free

When plug in and igniter on it's still quite free

I guess this is correct. Like I said when I did plug up fully it was locked. So undid slightly and tried again maybe too much.

when plug is in with igniter it should NOT be as free as when the plug is out

there should be a tension but not so much that its locked. so somewhere in between ...it will be tight as its a new engine..once you have gone through a few tanks it will ease up and be more free to pull.

• Like 1

To adjust the the throttle I do that using the TAS screw? And if I wind that in clockwise that makes the gap bigger correct?

I think I may have not primed engine then. Stupid clear fuel!

w5V0rG3.jpg

the idle screw shown in my lovely drawn picture....wind it in clockwise will make the gap bigger. CORRECT :)

however i would make sure it is remained a a gap between 1-2mm...as this adjust the idle speed... you can increase throttle trim on you transmitter.

what fuel are you using?

Edited by shaanaleem92

I'm using the model technics 25% stuff (I know I know) I have a bottle of Byron's turning up tomorrow hopefully along with a spare glow plug.

Is that's stuff orange? That make things a whole lot easier

So some progress. Managed to get engine running yay!

Few issues. Constantly wants to run away and when I lift car it revs up high. All needles are at factory. Also it stalled a lot but coming to think of it I forgot to tighten glow plug. Would this keep making it stall? Will remember next time!

Thanks for your help so far. I think I want get fuel far enough earlier

I'm using the model technics 25% stuff (I know I know) I have a bottle of Byron's turning up tomorrow hopefully along with a spare glow plug.

Is that's stuff orange? That make things a whole lot easier

yeah might wanna ditch model technics altogther....top up with some bryons and your car will start easy!

yeah its orangey

So some progress. Managed to get engine running yay!

Few issues. Constantly wants to run away and when I lift car it revs up high. All needles are at factory. Also it stalled a lot but coming to think of it I forgot to tighten glow plug. Would this keep making it stall? Will remember next time!

Thanks for your help so far. I think I want get fuel far enough earlier

thats good :D

yeah expect that its normal as long as it not full throttle running away...once you have the engine started you can turn the idle down abit if it running away too much...

yeah engine will stall if plug is not tightened.

help is what we do :)

And help you do well

Did try adjusting idle needle down but didn't help much and it did sound like it was revving really high so panicked and killed engine.

Good to know about glow plug will remember next time

Also when it was idling there wasn't a lot of smoke of fuel coming from exhaust. When looking at the video earlier in thread it was nothing like that.

Think I'm just a bit worried of breaking it!

And help you do well

Did try adjusting idle needle down but didn't help much and it did sound like it was revving really high so panicked and killed engine.

Good to know about glow plug will remember next time

Also when it was idling there wasn't a lot of smoke of fuel coming from exhaust. When looking at the video earlier in thread it was nothing like that.

Think I'm just a bit worried of breaking it!

then all is well

dont worry about the idle it may seem like its revving too high if this is your first ever nitro experience ... iknow what its like i killed the engine aswell....but dont, just let in run... as long as it doesn't move too much when wheels are on the ground.just start driving it around no more than 1/4 throttle though.

you wont get smoke when idling....my video i posted is tuned and well running that is what you should be aiming for after you had done the break in procedure.

you wont break it...these things are tanks. :tank: ... just get through the first few tanks and it will become second nature :)

Funny old thing these nitro cars ain't they! Just was t to get through 1st couple of tanks and then can breath a bit. When you hear it idling away nicely and then for no reason just start revving up its a scary thing ha

Funny old thing these nitro cars ain't they! Just was t to get through 1st couple of tanks and then can breath a bit. When you hear it idling away nicely and then for no reason just start revving up its a scary thing ha

haha yep...it is scary but when you expect it to happen (you should) it becomes ok.

Good to hear things are getting better, it's a lot to take in and understand.

Good to hear things are getting better, it's a lot to take in and understand.

Not done anything to it today. To dark after work so will wait until weekend.

Glad I see it started tho. It's just weird when it's idling normal and then the wheels start going and revs pick up a lot! Scared me so stopped it haha. Will just let it do what it wants next time

Not done anything to it today. To dark after work so will wait until weekend.

Glad I see it started tho. It's just weird when it's idling normal and then the wheels start going and revs pick up a lot! Scared me so stopped it haha. Will just let it do what it wants next time

New nitro's can or will run like a 'bag of spanners', I am breaking in a new engine .28 on my TT monster tomorrow, can't wait !.

Update - it's in the bin........

Only joking ha

I have got through a tank on idle. Took ages. My mate who got the same model as me took half the time to do a tank.

Found a few issues with servo horns sticking open so had to make some adjustments to that.

Thanks to shaanaleem92 for some tips and I know you will be getting me more info

My LSN should that be about flush? Had to make adjustments to that earlier and since then it's run crap. The factory setting for that sounds really confusing. But I think flush is about right.

I'm getting there slowly but surely!

Update - it's in the bin........

Only joking ha

I have got through a tank on idle. Took ages. My mate who got the same model as me took half the time to do a tank.

Found a few issues with servo horns sticking open so had to make some adjustments to that.

Thanks to shaanaleem92 for some tips and I know you will be getting me more info

My LSN should that be about flush? Had to make adjustments to that earlier and since then it's run crap. The factory setting for that sounds really confusing. But I think flush is about right.

I'm getting there slowly but surely!

Read the first line and nearly dropped my iPad !.

Keep at it.

Read the first line and nearly dropped my iPad !.

Keep at it.

It was very close to the bin at a few points today!

I think I have everything set bang on. Gap is 1mm and it did idle quite well but I was a idiot and messed with LSN and now don't know where it's supposed to be!

BABY STEPS!!!

It was very close to the bin at a few points today!

I think I have everything set bang on. Gap is 1mm and it did idle quite well but I was a idiot and messed with LSN and now don't know where it's supposed to be!

BABY STEPS!!!

Take the LSN back to factory and then work through again.

Baby steps and patience = buggy running well.

Take the LSN back to factory and then work through again.

Baby steps and patience = buggy running well.

The factory it states in manual is confusing. Hopefully someone will be able to explain it. I think it's supposed to be flush.

Oh and also. Priming the engine was really difficult earlier. I had to manually open the carb to get the fuel round. Is this normal? Couldn't get fuel even past filter when carb was set at normal 1mm gap. Sure it was fine earlier.

Oh and also. Priming the engine was really difficult earlier. I had to manually open the carb to get the fuel round. Is this normal? Couldn't get fuel even past filter when carb was set at normal 1mm gap. Sure it was fine earlier.

Which method are you using,

1. pressurises the fuel system, blowing through the fuel system.

2. Covering exhaust pipe and pulling through with the pull start.

??.