• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Chargers..

Richard.S

I'm on the prowl for a new charger / power supply.

The ones I like the look of are ;

MuchMore Hybrid Pro (No power supply Req)

Muchmore Cell Master Legend & Power Master Legend & probably the CTX-W tyre warmers because I'm a loser.

Sky RC RS16 with Power supply docking station thing & tyre warmer.

Now I've heard of the cell masters going pop quite often - but love the look of them with the power master, the hybrid pro's are supposed to be good but look dreadful and I've heard nothing about the SkyRC RS16 - looks poop.

Are there any others that I should maybe consider? 

I had the hybrid bro, very useful for keeping a pittable cable free the 24a power supply meant i could run everything off it and then some.

a few of the lads run dual cell master legend setups, zero issues, none so far have gone bang.

boss has the  new skyrc, very dinky, very smart and whisper quiet, very good for the money, cant comment on their tyre warmers. 

if you have the moola the cell master legend is the most blingy bit of kit going

if you go for the sky RC then they want you to buy a powersupply for every bit of kit you add, so tyre warmers will need a separate power supply etc other wise it gets a bit hairy lol 

if you want tyre warmers i have my andy moore purple ones on sale for

Edited by PurcyP

So the power master - do the ctx-w dock on it as well as a charger or is it designed for 2 chargers?

I was also under the impression that the SkyRC would take the charger docked and the tyre warmers wired at the same time? 

The power master legend is designed to DOCK 2 chargers, you can run the warmers off said power supply but it doesnt have a physical function to dock like the cell master legend as the warmers were designed to also be used off a battery so you can take it trackside for last minute tyre warming before you go. 

skyrc power supply is 17a, charger uses 16a when charging, so it gets a bit iffy when you then put warmers on as well which take a fair wack, clever marketing by skyrc and make up for the cheaper price..

so you can either

buy sky rc charger, power supply, tyre warmers and powersupply for tyre warmers 

or

buy muchmore cell master legend, either the power master legend if you intend to get another cell master legend, or just a standard power master worlds and then you can use tyre warmers whatever route you go plus, lights and everything else, however if you wish to have a docking system with muchmore the only power supply that can physically dock, is the power master legend

Edited by PurcyP

Hmm thats a poor show by Sky RC. Shame they haven't made a more powerful supply to take both at the same time. Would have been worth the extra cash.

It's looking like the Hybrid Pro/Bro might be on the cards. I like things to be neat. Sometimes. Wish someone made a power supply that docked a charger and tyre warmer at the same time!

I can see me joining you in the MuchMore FanBoi club Purcy...

haha me, keith and my boss have a working relationship ;)

muchmore gear is just really nice, to most its overkill guuci at its finest and yea you can buy hobbyking chargers n all the rest of it but its like anything in life, if you like a brand and image..well you get the idea.

its a shame that the CTX W warmers dont have a docking function but at the same time they were also as said designed to be taken trackside for last minute warming, there is no reason why you cant plonk it on top of a powermaster legend next to a cell master, just wont be as neat or fulfilling purpose so to speak.

the hybrid pro is great, yea its quite bulky n heavy but its not that big and it is a 24a power supply built in and it is a very neat setup. 

if you are after tyre warmers ive got andy moore ones on the cheap so let me know as i dont need em..youll find em handy at halifax however 

The double accel was being tested by Marc for an absolute age, it was recently chucked at Andy Moore for final testing so feburary will be the actual release date unlike the oct/nov/dec changes i kept seeing.

the double accel will at some point have bits available, to allow it to dock the power master worlds evo, what these parts are or how they work is unbeknownst to me.

however the double accel will be a cost effective, although

Edited by PurcyP

Unless its an apple product, I can't bring myself to buy anything with the 'i' prefix. Shows complete laziness when marketing, which i presume (maybe wrongly) transfers to the design and manufacturing. Just had a look and see that HobbyKing sell them - they look suspiciously like all other 4 button chargers, particularly the Turnigy one.

I'll look into hyperion though.

Edited by Richard.S

You've been fooled.  iCharger is without doubt one of the best and certainly not like the generic 4 button chargers.  Take a look at the manual that should shed some light, it's quite a beastly document.  I've not had Hyperion myself but has always been highly rated but even my friends who swore by them are now using iChargers too =]

Saw Hyperion pretty cheap here: http://beamcat.com/collections/chargers

And I bought iCharger from here: http://electriflyer.co.uk/category/chargers/icharger/

Sorry mate i'm sure they're great - I just can't do it! 

Plus ideally I'd like to build on the charger eventually and have it work with (visually and physically) with the rest of my pit table, which is why Muchmore and Sky RC caught my eye. Sad, i know.

Sorry mate i'm sure they're great - I just can't do it! 

Plus ideally I'd like to build on the charger eventually and have it work with (visually and physically) with the rest of my pit table, which is why Muchmore and Sky RC caught my eye. Sad, i know.

ahh you are a proper touring car boy! nowt to be sorry about, we just like our gadgetry with fashion over function!

haha maybe so.. I appreciate design as well as function. Probably more so sometimes which is why I have no money left at the end of each month!!  I also get ridiculed at halifax for having a case/place for everything.

Hehe Jony Nitro I like how the link in your sig takes you to the SMC batteries but I've never seen them in stock at chubbies. I thought they were a myth until I hunted some down else where xD

Just phone him he will tell you when they are.